How Ugly is the new GMC Yukon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is, it doesn't really matter how good or bad the new GM SUVs are.
Even if they're perfect in every way and sell like crazy- it's too little too late.
GM's is steadily moving towards bankruptcy and the new SUV's are not gonna change a thing.

If the new SUVs sell like crazy, it will go a long way toward keeping GM out of bankrupcy. Those are their most profitable vehicles.

OriginHacker21 - No problem on the Torrent info! Glad to help! You should definitely check out the other two sites I listed if you want to get some "inside" news and rumors on what's on the horizon for GM.

And just to clear up what I meant about the "GM bashing". I find that SOME people on message boards (not this one in particular) dislike certain brands so they dislike anything that brand puts out no matter how good it is or what it looks like. It seems to happen more with GM products in my opinion. That was my only point in my original post. Nothing more than that. Anyway, sorry for getting everybody stirred up about it.

Matt_S - You are absolutely right. GM needs these SUV's to sell well to keep things going.

quote:

OriginHacker21
GM execs should have realized that their company was going kaput and made this change a whole lot earlier if they wanted to survive.

Bwelieve it or not, the launch of these SUVs was pushed forward, we're seeing them a bit earlier than what GM had originally intended.

quote:

If the new SUVs sell like crazy, it will go a long way toward keeping GM out of bankrupcy. Those are their most profitable vehicles.

Too little, too late.
Delphi is about to strike.
When it happens, GM as we know it will seize to exist.

By recent GM standards I think they look good. Lets take a minute and remember the Aztec. Now the HHR is not the best looking thing on the road though!! I always thought that GM's truck's and SUV's loked good over all. I hated the plastic clad Avalanche and the SSR though! The best thing they ever did was offer the Avalanche without all the sheap plastic on the outside.

The problem GM has is simalar to Toyota in the styleing department. They are usualy too conservative and boring. When they do go crazy they go off the deep end and end up with some hidious thing like the Aztec.

John I will agree with you there that it does look better than the cars you mentioned. So now are we are arguing degrees of ugly. Kinda like a beer goggles analysis.

I checked out the Yukon the day they hit the local dealer. All they had were basic 2WD models but they looked really nice, especially the interior. The new Tahoe LTZ with the full-zoot leather interior, navi, all the goodies is really gorgeous. Can't wait to see the Yukon Denali's and the Escalade's interior in person.

Only thing that would dissuade someone from buying a new Tahoe or Yukon is the price. Sticker on a loaded Tahoe LTZ is over $50,000!!! That's a lot of money for a Chevy without the Corvette name.

The new Tahoe and its siblings seem, IMO, to be the best from GM for some time. I'm not in the market for a full-size SUV, but if I were, the Tahoe would be #1 on my list to drive. I've read some really nice things in magazines that tested the Tahoe.

I'd truely hate to see GM go belly-up. I hope this Tahoe and others will pull GM through. They do make some interresting products, especially if you include their worldwide products.

Yes, the Torrent has the same 3.4L but like the Nox it should be receiving a new engine line-up here soon in the next 12 months I think. Although, rumors are that the Torrent will get a 3.6L DOHC V6 engine. It's the same engine that's used in some of the Buick's and Caddy CTS.

Another thumbs up for GM's new SUVs, especially the Escalade. Their styling department came up with a big win on that one. According to the sales report for January, sales so far of all the new SUVs have far exceeded expectations.

mshu7 - Awesome! I was looking at getting one of those saw the BITOG report on Chinese 3.4
frown.gif
. Now, just wait have to keep my self waiting till they get the new engine!
grin.gif

I think they look great, and you won't find anyone that's been more critical of recent GM products than me. The interiors especially look really great, and that was after a full day's worth of checking out the competition at the Detroit auto show. Hopefully this should help the Silverado take on the new F150 as well when we see the new pickups next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back