How to smooth transmission shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know (as in numbers) what trans is in this thing? If you do, then you can see if there's a shift correction kit for it. It may not have been installed during the re-manufacturing.

# T54165D
TransGo Shift Kits 325-4L 82-85
TransGo # SK 325-4L Shift improvement / correction kit To be installed during rebuild! Not a performance type kit...info->

$25.67

3T40, 125, 125C Valve body kits

# S64165
Superior Shift correction package 125 / 125C
1980-up To be installed during rebuild! Not a performance type kit...info->

$28.51
# T64165
TransGo Shift Kits 125 / 125C 80-UP
TransGo # SK 125 Shift improvement / correction kit Not a performance type kit...info->

$18.96

Its a reman. GM 3T40. I don't plan on having it rebuilt again, unless it breaks, so those are out of the question. So try this lubeguard or whatever it is? Maybe will Valvoline Maxlife ATF help it out?

I doesn't require a rebuild. It's just a valve body refit of a couple of parts. You can do it yourself if you've got a garage. It would amount to (probably) over $150 to have done. The outfit would probably require that they provide the part to warranty the work ..so that includes a sensible markup for either ordering or stocking the upgrade.

Try the LG and good luck!
cheers3.gif

Um, no. I was going to do this to my old 3T40. The Valve body is in the side pan, not underneath. Lots difficult to get to.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would the best easily available (Advance, Walmart etc) ATF? Was looking at Valvoline Maxlife Dexron III/Mercon but it seems that they are up to Dexron VI now, and it doesn't say synthetic.. I'm confused.

Try the supertech DexVI @<$3 a quart should work well and isn't too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back