How to set up a CarFax account

I'd like to setup my own CarFax Account...apparently I have one. I keep getting emails from CarFax and I can never get into the account although the email is alway spot on. At one time, through the email from CarFax, I was able to put in some maintenance information but, not anymore.
Is there a way someone can talk me through this?

Last edited:
I've never signed up for a carfax account, but apparently those that do some of my service have. Unfortunately, they usually put in incorrect information. Can logging in on my own account allow me to correct the information put in by others?
For example, my local tire shop did my tire rotation for me and put in 111,740 miles for current mileage! In reality, there is 17,000 miles on the car.
I also recently received a "Trade in value" estimate from Carfax using the new mileage figure. The incorrect mileage dropped my trade in value by over $10,000!

I've never signed up for a carfax account, but apparently those that do some of my service have. Unfortunately, they usually put in incorrect information. Can logging in on my own account allow me to correct the information put in by others?
For example, my local tire shop did my tire rotation for me and put in 111,740 miles for current mileage! In reality, there is 17,000 miles on the car.
I also recently received a "Trade in value" estimate from Carfax using the new mileage figure. The incorrect mileage dropped my trade in value by over $10,000!

You cannot change that information on your own. I'm not sure if it can even be corrected.

Deleted.

Last edited:
my local tire shop did my tire rotation for me and put in 111,740 miles for current mileage! In reality, there is 17,000 miles on the car.
Is CarFax telling you there's a mileage discrepancy, i.e. possible odometer tampering ? I've seen that but once later services show the correct mileage and incrementing, it probably realizes it was just a typo.

Is CarFax telling you there's a mileage discrepancy, i.e. possible odometer tampering ? I've seen that but once later services show the correct mileage and incrementing, it probably realizes it was just a typo.
Thanks everyone for the replies. Carfax hasn't caught on about any mileage discrepancy, they just sent a trade in quote based on incorrect figures.
What I decided to do is go back to the tire store and have them correct the mileage.....well they couldn't do it either! I then suggested they put in some duplicate service with the correct mileage, which DID seem to work.
We'll see what kind of nonsense Carfax comes up with next time I hear from them I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

That's what I use it for as well. I think they actually call it "My Carfax" as in "my car's facts".

I did notice one odd thing since the errant mileage was reported by Carfax.
The incessant phone calls from the Extended Warranty people have STOPPED immediately!

So much for the Metaverse! :unsure:

Back