How To Remove 1/8 Inch Off These Posts?

Anyone with a decent size milling machine should be able to figure a way to clamp that to the table and mill away any amount you want removed and leave a nice flat top.

You need a burr bit for the Dremel like these: On Amazon Drilling the center out is a good idea but you're only talking 1/8".
Ok they look like they would would work. I have been in a hardware store and haven't seen those type of heads. They won't fill up like the sandpaper ones I've been using.

Last edited:
True, but the OP is worried about the cost of little Dremel sanding discs, and he would have to disassemble his grill....
There you go thinking for me. Costs has nothing to do with this.

I have burned through 6 of the sandpaper style round discs ($37) with virtually
no impact other than making the end of the posts shiny. And you obviously
aren't familiar with the construction of a PK Classic Grill. Disassembly takes
10 seconds at most blindfolded.

I'll buy of few of those burr bits. That was great advice. Thank you for helping me.;)

There you go thinking for me. Costs has nothing to do with this.
Guilty.
I have burned through 6 of the sandpaper style round discs ($37) with virtually
no impact other than making the end of the posts shiny. And you obviously
aren't familiar with the construction of a PK Classic Grill. Disassembly takes
10 seconds at most blindfolded.
Correct again. Never heard of a PK Grill until your post.
I'll buy of few of those burr bits. That was great advice. Thank you for helping me.;)
Glad to help. I use these little burrs for lots of things and they *shouldn't * clog up with aluminum but if they do you can clean them out. Double cut (diamond cut) burrs work best on aluminum. Sandpaper and stones clog immediately as you've found. Wear safety glasses chips fly everywhere.

regular 4.5" angle grinder?

they sell them at hf for 9.99 take about 1min.? to remove .125" or am I missing something.

nice for sharpening lawn mower blades and such too.
Just picked up this grinder and wheel. Total job in 6 minutes. WOOHOO!!!!!!

The radius on the grinder wheel was perfect. Just had a few booboos but they will disappear after
the next cook.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 3.48.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 3.48.32 PM.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 8
Guilty.

Correct again. Never heard of a PK Grill until your post.

Glad to help. I use these little burrs for lots of things and they *shouldn't * clog up with aluminum but if they do you can clean them out. Double cut (diamond cut) burrs work best on aluminum. Sandpaper and stones clog immediately as you've found. Wear safety glasses chips fly everywhere.
You should check out the PK Grills. 1942 technology that works like a charm if you just grind those doggone posts down just a tad.

Working like a charm.....:love:

Attachments

• IMG_4384.jpg
    IMG_4384.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4385.JPG
    IMG_4385.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 9
Back