How To Post A Link With A Word

BlueOvalFitter

Site Donor 2022
I noticed that most members here post a link without posting the link, but using a misc. word such as "here" When you click upon the word "here" it opens the link. How is that done? shrug

It's actually pretty straightforward. In the full editor, within the icons at the top.. about ^ here.. give or take... you'll see an icon of a tiny earth with a chain link in front of it. Click that, and the first box you'll see is where you put the link itself. Hit enter, and you'll get another box, within which you can type whatever word(s) you like, such as 'Here'. Then hit enter again, and boom.

Explained pretty much spot on. I do wish it at least had the option of highlighting some text, such as "here is a link", click the link button, and paste/type the URL. Every other forum software allows this and I do it wrong here just about every time.

BlueOvalFitter

Site Donor 2022
Originally Posted by SirTanon
It's actually pretty straightforward. In the full editor, within the icons at the top.. about ^ here.. give or take... you'll see an icon of a tiny earth with a chain link in front of it. Click that, and the first box you'll see is where you put the link itself. Hit enter, and you'll get another box, within which you can type whatever word(s) you like, such as 'Here'. Then hit enter again, and boom.
TEST This is one way of removing an AR-15 A2 front sight by clicking HERE ? TEST

you got it, Blue oval fitter. I do agree that this is a rather awkward setting to use, in that it would be helpful to simply apply a link to text that has already been written out.

Pew

Originally Posted by paulri
you got it, Blue oval fitter. I do agree that this is a rather awkward setting to use, in that it would be helpful to simply apply a link to text that has already been written out.
[Linked Image] When the link is made, you can always edit it.

Last edited:
I wish you could just highlight the word and then add the link, but it's not that hard. Just cntr-c the link, come here, hit the button, cntrl-v, enter, type in the word you want to be the link. Done. [Linked Image]