How to plug this?

I am planning to plug and shut off water supply to the fridge. What would be the plug nut size to do it and any idea if I can get it any big box store?

Thank you

I am planning to plug and shut off water supply to the fridge. What would be the plug nut size to do it and any idea if I can get it any big box store?

Thank you

I cant tell if it is male or female, turn it off and take the line down to HD and get either a male plug or female cap, about $3.

Reactions: JC1

That fitting is likely not tapered thread, so you might want to put a few good turns of teflon tape or pipe dope on the threads .

Thank you all, that's exactly what I used and all set - for some strange reason valve was shut, but was still dripping and can't trust it.

Now, how should I remove this steel braided line from the fridge side? It looks like a compression fitting.

That fitting is likely not tapered thread, so you might want to put a few good turns of teflon tape or pipe dope on the threads .
I actually used both, one on male and other one on female side. Thank you

That brass cap will stop that little low pressure drip you have on the valve's Male threads. But in the real world under pressure, it would need a washer/ gasket placed inside of it before installing it. You're just pressing the brass against the rim of the shoulder where the ferrule would sit. You can always take the handle off the valve too to help from someone accidentally turning it on.

Get a compression nut and ferrule and cut a short piece of 1/4 inch round brass rod. Install the rod like it were tubing. Also you could create a blank from copper tubing, smash the end flat and solder it closed.

Teflon tape on the threads does nothing here, the seal is made either metal on metal with the ferrule or for pre-made flexible lines like installed there is a rubber seal in the top of the nut.

If you have access to shut off your water my suggestion is to do that and remove that shutoff valve and cap that line off. I wouldn’t trust a shutoff valve over the long term.

Reactions: JC1
Back