How to move a gold-fish...True story

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 20 years ago, I was at my parent's place, and cleaning out the goldfish tank that I'd left when I moved out and up to the power stations.

Drained about 2/3 of the water out, when my SIL came into the room and asked what I was doing.

I replied that I wanted to move my fish to my new location.

So being on holidays for a fortnight, I've taken out half the water today.

Tomorrow, I'd take out half the remaining water. Next day half of what's left, and by the time my holidays were over, the fish would be comfortable on the gravel layer.

I would place said fish in a shoebox, and take it home with me and set up the tank in my home.

First day home, I'd tip in a tablespoon of water. Next day two tablespoons, next day 4, then 8, slowly getting the fish used to being back in the water...

She walked away satisfied, and about 5 minutes later, my brother burst through the door laughing, and complaining that I should have at least waited until he was in the room to explain how to move a fish.

I always thought going cold turkey was the way forward.... will try this weening off next time
smile.gif

My daughter asked me the other day what rice was made off... Told her it was the white of peoples eyes. You'd think she'd be terrified, but she wasn't; just wanted to know how they got the iris and pupils to seperate!

I have s good friend in Canada who tells gullible Americans that "yes, we went metric in Canada including we Canadians are on Metric Time". "100 seconds to the minute, 100 minutes to the hour and 10 hours to the day".

You would be surprised how many people believe him 😜

I like the puzzle of "A caterpillar crossing the road makes it halfway the first day. The next day he makes it half again as far, and on and on. When does he make it?"

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I like the puzzle of "A caterpillar crossing the road makes it halfway the first day. The next day he makes it half again as far, and on and on. When does he make it?"

Lol, never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back