How to get local AZ to carry/order GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have visited several AZ in the KC area and they are all not carrying GC. Moreover, the managers look at me like I am from Mars when I ask for it.

But one manager said if I could find an Autozone part #, he'd be happy to look it up and order me some, if it really exists. (maybe this whole topic is just an elaborate April Fools Day joke and they have cameras waiting at AZ to take pictures of the fools who are looking for green oil from Germany?)

Can one of you elves supply me with a real part # for AZ?

Thanks

"looking for green oil from Germany"

please, remember. the NEWEST GC, post jan 2005, is NOT green. it is gold. so if you order new GC stock, you will be getting gold oil.

OK, but there is US made 0w-30 as well. If I tell them I want Syntec 0w-30, they will give me a bottle of the US made stuff and look at me dumb when I tell them that I want something else......

I will try the SKU.....

Quote:

OK, but there is US made 0w-30 as well. If I tell them I want Syntec 0w-30, they will give me a bottle of the US made stuff and look at me dumb when I tell them that I want something else......

Correct, you do need to watch out for the really old Syntec 0W-30 which was made in the U.S. It is still out there on store shelves, I usually find a few quarts mixed in with the genuine GC at my local AutoZone.

Quote:

The SKU/complete bar code number is "0 79191 00068 7". Just refer to it as Syntec 0W-30.

Both the German Castrol and the #@$%! US-labeled Castrol have the same SKU in the AutoZone computers. The individual stores do not know (or care) which stuff they have. And if they order Castrol 0w30, they don't know which product will be delivered.

I was in an AZ yesterday, to see if they finally have Mobil 1 5w40 TDT (they do), and noticed that quarts of both versions of Castrol 0w30 were mixed together in the same slot. Fortunately nearly all of it was GC.

My problem is that there are no AZ that really handy to me anyhow (I live north of KC, where Advance and OReilly seem to hold sway).

BUT, today I dropped by the AZ on State St, off 635 North of I70 and whadaya know, they had tons of GC, maybe 30 bottles. $6.18 each

I just have to try this stuff, so I bought 5 for my Corrola and a filter and next change, its GC.

I am planning to run GC in the summer months and then swtich to 5w20 PP or Mobil 1 EP in the winter. I hope that my fuel consumption doesn't go up too much with the GC -- I currently get decent gas mileage running PP 5w30, with good UOA numbers, but only at 5k, due to warranty req.

GC and PP both are probably overkill. But what the heck, there are worse ways to waste money and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back