How to get differential oil smell out of interior?

Made a bit of a dumb mistake a couple of weeks ago, I was changing the differential oil out of my BMW 5 series and stupidly put the open container of gear oil in the rear footwell, about a quart of oil leaked out all over the carpet!

I’ve cleaned it up used a carpet cleaner with degreaser, borrowed a ozone generator and used 10’s of cleaners.etc but I just can’t get the stench out of the car. Anybody have any experience in removing differential / gear oil odour?

You're going to have to clean up the oil. An ozone generator will help you after you get the oil cleaned up.

This. My dad once bought a Subaru trans for my now BIL. Hauled it in a 78 Buick estate wagon , trans fluid leaked out. Never got rid of the smell in that car.
Once the carpet is removed he'll probably see a puddle on the floor pan. Once that is cleaned you should be able to get the oil out of the carpet, but it has to have a way out. With the carpet removed the cleaner and water can flush the oil out.

With the carpet in the car, you're just making puddles of cleaner on top of puddles of oil. And the best extractor in the world won't pull it all out through the carpet and padding.

Made a bit of a dumb mistake a couple of weeks ago, I was changing the differential oil out of my BMW 5 series and stupidly put the open container of gear oil in the rear footwell, about a quart of oil leaked out all over the carpet!

I’ve cleaned it up used a carpet cleaner with degreaser, borrowed a ozone generator and used 10’s of cleaners.etc but I just can’t get the stench out of the car. Anybody have any experience in removing differential / gear oil odour?
Baking soda. I've used oil eater. It's safe for carpet and is an enzyme cleaner.

It’ll be there forever. My parts Jeep had oil spilled in it ~10 years ago. It still smells like it.

I'd cut the piece of stained carpet and padding out and clean the metal body with bleach than place a jar of vinegar to remove whatever smell is left. Than try to match the color with a carpet remnant. Since you probably have floor mats nobody will see. I used vinegar for 2 weeks in my car after I quit smoking and now you can't tell it was smoked in

Back