How to Fix Your Broken Cell Phone In 2 Easy Steps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOD

1. Step one: put problematic phone in pocket and go to Verizon store

2. Step two: walk into Verizon store with said phone and remove from pocket.

That's it, all problems fixed!

Short story long, I dropped my phone (Droid Bionic) about a month ago while traveling. Desperate, I went into a local Verizon store and told them "I dropped my phone and it's not working...". Cute girl working there calls "tech support" and tries to troubleshoot it. At one point she cups her hand over the bottom of her phone and says "I'm gonna leave out the part about you dropping it". Um...OK?? In my defense, I dropped it from 3 feet, in its case. I didn't tell her to omit that part!

They send me a new phone no charge, I send the old one back. New phone is never quite right. The camera never actually works, and keeps locking up the phone? I do several full resets, go through the ICS upgrade, and still no workie.. I figure I'll deal with it later. Then, the phone starts randomly shutting off when I hit the touchscreen. 3 or 4 presses, like clockwork, phone shuts off. OK, that I can't deal with!

So, finally have some time to pop down to the store. Walk downstairs to grab my bike and the phone shuts off walking down the stairs (not kidding!). Turn it back on, stick it in my jersey pocket and pedal over to the Verizon store. Walk in, pull it out of my pocket: "Hey, it's still on? weird..."

I explain the whole deal to the sales dude, then go to demonstrate. "hmm...it doesn't seem to be turning off??". No worries. "So, let me show you what's up with the camera". Well, you know what's coming next... Welcome to the only photo this camera has ever been able to take:

ny77vb.jpg

Seriously??

The dude just laughs and asks if I still want a new phone sent out. "Yeah, that will pretty much ensure that this one will keep working perfectly"... I went for a ride, then road this morning with it bouncing around in my pocket, and of course all is well.

BTW, props to Verizon. I hate to give kudos to big evil telecommunications companies and all, but I didn't even buy this phone from them! I got it from Wirefly. It's over a year old and I didn't take the insurance on it. I'd had issues before and they've always just taken care of it, even though I expect to pay something. Of course, I've paid them a lot of $$ over the years. Still, I'm a happy customer.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
You wouldn't happen to have a LG Specturm?

No, Motorola Droid Bionic. The first one (the one I dropped) was 100% solid, so I really have no complaints about the phone per se. The replacement they sent out was a "factory authorized refurbished" or whatever, and I think they just put a new screen and case on someone else's bad phone! Hopefully, the replacement will be as solid as the original.

BTW, while it the Verizon store I saw one of those LG Intuition things (hard to call it a phone?). Umm, what the??...I like the big screen on my Bionic and all, but whoa...that's a seriously giant phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back