How to finance your F1 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/12/luxury/mercedes-amg-project-one/

Mercedes-AMG is developing a supercar apparently based on their F1 technology.
Based on the article's description, it sounds like they are adapting the F1 power unit for use in a street car. And they're not changing it much. The engine is a 1.6L V6 that revs to 11,000 rpm, has an electrically assisted turbocharger, and an electric motor mounted to the engine. The car also has independent electric motors to power the front wheels. The combined output of all this is 1000 hp.

All 275 of the planned production volume has already been spoken for at $2.7M per.
That's a total sales revenue of $742.5M, which is probably about what it cost to develop and field Mercedes' hybrid F1 cars.

Dangit, I want one of those and they're already sold out?!?!?
Think they'll up their production run to 276 if I offer them a flat $3million?

;^)

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Designed and built in the UK like their F1 stuff is?

More than likely, I thought Mercedes and F1 were done when they no longer worked with McLaren who is now using Honda power. Looks like they still have a presence in the UK.

Originally Posted By: nthach
More than likely, I thought Mercedes and F1 were done when they no longer worked with McLaren who is now using Honda power. Looks like they still have a presence in the UK.

Mercedes has their own team now, which they bought from Ross Brawn, who bought it from Honda. Most F1 factories are in the UK, simply because that's where all the F1 knowledge is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back