How to copy Blackstone report into my post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Blackstone report on each of my two vehicles that I'd like to post. They were emailed to me by Blackstone as attachments that open in Adobe Reader. Can I paste a report into my post and if so, does anyone know exactly what steps I take to do so? While in Adobe Reader with the report open I went to "Help", "Copy text and graphics to the clipboard", and followed the instructions, but it won't paste the report into this post. When I click on "Edit", the "Paste" icon doesn't highlight, so when you click on the paste icon nothing happens.

I manually type mine in - in notepad. The copy to text feature in adobe has not worked well for me - and saving it to a text file is pretty bad (format all messed up).

You could take a screen shot - upload it to photobucket or something like that.
smile.gif

In adobe you can select the snapshot tool. Copy the entire report and it should say something about being posted to the clipboard. You can then paste it into paint and make any changes you want and save it as an image. You then have to post the image on a pic hosting website like photobucket. Then you just paste the URL for that pic into the image feature here. Thats how I did it anyway.

Quote:

I tried several times to save my Blackstone report to photobucket and never could get it to work.

Did you try pasting it into a graphics program and saving it as an image (.jpg, .png, etc.) first? If you try to upload a .pdf file to photobucket, it's not going to work.

i just open up the file and show it on my screen.
press the "print screen" button on my keyboard (everyone has this button/feature)
open ms paint.
press paste
crop
save
upload to photobucket
link to here
viola

In plain words:
You need to turn your pdf into a photo (snapshot option, or hitting print screen when the appropriate section is displayed). Paste the photo into your favorite paint program, edit out your personal information (ie: solid rectangle), and save it as a jpeg. Upload the photo to a hosting site (ie: photobucket) and then link to that photo in a message here.

Alex.

OK, still to complicated for my simple self. Please watch for me to try to share my report on my Buick soon. Ugghh, now I is sceerd.

because copying the text from a pdf file looses its formatting and you cant read it. it isnt that hard to use the snapshot tool in adobe, open mspaint and paste the info from the snapshot tool (that tool copies the data to the clipboard) and then in mspaint, save the image (as a bmp, jpg, whatever) and then post that image to photobucket or imageshack..wherever and then post a link to here

Quote:

Too much of a pain for my simple mind late at night so I won't post data. When a reasonable solution is availiable I will post data.

+1

Why one cannot upload a size-limited jpeg/gif file like most boards is beyond me.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back