How to connect a Wii on my TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one for Christmas. Here is the dilemma

My TV is older and has no RCA jacks. I do not have a VCR hooked up to the TV.

I do have a Comcast digital box (big one) and a DVd player hooked up to the TV that works thru a RF Modulator box.

I can not figure out how to make the Wii work with either the modulator box or the Comcast box. The DVD player will turn on the modulator box when powered on but the Wii will not.

Any ideas short of a new TV?

Is this the sequence of the current installation -furthest out 1st

DVD player -through
Big Comcast box - to
RF modulator-
TV

What doesn't work (?)

Wii - Comcast digital box - Rf modulator - television?

Edit:
Hmm...I've rethought this. The line input should just pass through the box, or so I reason.

Should be able to get a multi jack box. Plug the box into the TV via coax. Comcast box into multijack. DVD into Multijack, and WII into multijack. The multijack is switchable. The accessories should connect via RCA or S-Video and LR audio depending on the multijack.

Last edited:
they might make a Wii RF adapter, i know i had to buy one for my PS2 when i was in the dark ages. now i have my PS3 and XBOX 360 hooked up to my tv with HDMI, my cable box with component and i use the RCA for my Wii since that is not Hi Def.

I have a Multi box that we used and it worked very well. It was about $20 at Wmart. Plugged it into the 1987 tv I had in our room until my Father In Law gave us his old 27 inch Toshiba for the living room and moved the 20 inch panasonic into the bedroom. Gave away the '87 tv. So try the box. A very good investment until another tv comes along.

Is connecting a Wii on your TV somehow analogous to putting food on your family?

You could always get a receiver to do the multiplexing for you. It'll put the Wii on your TV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back