How to? Clean non/Wet Look Tires?

I did a quick search but all I could seem to find is wet look shiny recommendations.

I'm looking for a natural clean rubber look. I clean the tires with Purple Power degreaser but that leaves them looking dingy.

What tips, tricks, products work for you?

I did a quick search but all I could seem to find is wet look shiny recommendations.

I'm looking for a natural clean rubber look. I clean the tires with Purple Power degreaser but that leaves them looking dingy.

Cleaning that brown film off the tire is not dirt, using purple power and similar cleaners can actually degrade the tires and lead to premature cracking. Check this out.

I've recently used 303 Aerospace Protectant. It's not shiny at all and I've been impressed by how long it's kept the tires a nice deep black. I tried it because I've seen it recommended on BITOG for other uses. I definitely recommend for use on tires.

Is this too shiny?

064.jpg

060.jpg

070.jpg

062.jpg

Cleaning that brown film off the tire is not dirt, using purple power and similar cleaners can actually degrade the tires and lead to premature cracking. Check this out.

Than was very informative, I had no idea that is what was causing the brown appearance, thanks for sharing!

If you use the spray can Armor all tire shine and wipe it off after a few minutes the tires will look blacker but not have the shine.
Same here, spray the wheels and tires before I foam cannon the vehicle and then after scrubbing the tires / wheels, I power wash the heck out of them.

303 has the matte black look.
use some other cleaner purple power is not the right stuff.

I've also heard of someone using a UV tire protection coating used for airplane tires which leaves a deep black look and doesn't wash off. Good luck getting some though.

I also prefer a matte look on the tires. I use meguiars HOT SHINE.

Now don't get scared yet. Spray it on and wipe it around with a microfiber rag. You will only use that rag for this purpose. :)

Go around the vehicle and do each tire once. This lets the first coat soak in. Then go back and do them again to make sure the coating is even. you wipe off the shiny and only leave a matte black finish.

trust me it won't be long before dust knocks any shine off the tires anyway. :)

Back