how to change tire while driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the car, I've taken my Beetle down some rough dirt roads before and in the sand it was mostly spinning 1 wheel. Perhaps something with the traction control thought that was a fantastic idea.

If that guy lost control, or the pavement tires blew... you would be crushed and decapitated!! If you're lucky you would get thrown and have a bad case of road rash!!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
If that guy lost control, or the pavement tires blew... you would be crushed and decapitated!! If you're lucky you would get thrown and have a bad case of road rash!!!!
Arabs aren't pansies.

Good thing his oil sump didn't run dry at that angle,,,
crazy2.gif

I knew you guys would like it.
I came across it by chance.

What is the music? Almost sounds like the one from Battlefield 1942.

I think they are doing it on a public road. I'm not sure what is the piece of paper at the beginning, drafting a testament?

I saw that awhile ago. I thought it was fake, but didn't see any easy way to fake that. I'm surprised a tire doesn't pop etc.

If you take a look on YouTube, there are tons of those videos. I was certain it was fake the first time I saw one, but after seeing more, I'm beginning to think its real. Pretty crazy stuff.

They aren't going very fast. Still, they only show one instance where the car comes back down.

Wow, removing the lugnuts with bare hands. Gotta hand it to them. And replacing the tire with the same tire, that doesn't seem practical to me, although I've known a few tire shops that would be happy to do it that way.

If I am not mistaken the tires that carry the full weight of the car are overinflated as to support the weigth and to not become unseated.
I think the car needs help getting two wheels off the ground but then the balance is matter of practice and steering.

Krzys

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Has anyone who thinks this is real stopped to question what stunt drivers do to vehicles to make them capable of side-wheelies?

I suppose you could just drag the brakes a bit to get power to the drive wheel. There are other videos where they just turn a SUV on flat pavement to get it onto 2 wheels... Seems a bit tricky to learn! Maybe when the Tracker is off the road I'll give it a try.

Reminds me of the video from Saudi Arabia of the camry flipping multiple times.. you see people flying out of it as its flipping..

That car either has traction control on or a LSD installed, as well as extra tire pressure and some darn good (run flat?) tires and the lug nut already loosen beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back