How to attack Black Friday deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea of fighting the masses for some trinkets, no thanks.

Black Friday is the day I stay away from all retail stores.

Last edited:
Cyber Monday many places like Amazon, BestBuy, Walmart will have online deals.

Shopping at a very busy retail store is enjoyable as cutting the grass and doing yard work on a hot summer afternoon in 100° F weather. I absolutely dread doing it.

FYI I just looked up that computer's specs, its obsolete, can windows 8 even properly run on 2G of ram?

I bought a new Macbook Pro last month, and didn't have to deal with the riots, seems worth the extra money to me.

cyber monday is the alternative like LT4Vette mentioned. I'm gonna check if their ads are online.

There's not a price low enough or a deal good enough to get me into a store full of crazed "Black Friday" idiots. It's a waste of both time and gas.

Factoring in your time, gas (and possibly sales tax) there is probably a deal that's almost as good on line, and you won't have to fight through the moronic masses.

I personally will be acquiring another Mosin Nagant 91/30 at Dunham's on BF for $79!!! Counting down the days...

I always attack BF by staying at home. I hate to shop and besides, what I get my wife every Christmas, I buy online at half the cost of retail around here....if you can even find it!

Originally Posted By: surfstar
^that's the American Way.
As is opening on Thanksgiving night at 8PM by the sounds of it...Ridiculous. Poor people in retail. Really?

1st thing I do is head to the chair isle and pick out a nice comfy chair, sometimes an ottoman to go with it. Then I carry the chair and ottoman over to the electronics section where the line will be formed for the deals and set up my area for a long expected wait. depending on how popular I think the item will be, I may wait for up to 4 hours.

Seriously? Your time must be free.

If I factor in the cost of my time I'd be losing money on the "sale".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
...and we have yet one more year of layoffs, job cuts, off shoring and pay cuts... Sound like a perfect time to spend CREDIT money on useless junk.

People truly are stupid and commercialization is dictating the majority of populace.

Not me ... I'm barely scraping by. Not doing a single Christmas gift / Black friday item this year.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
...and we have yet one more year of layoffs, job cuts, off shoring and pay cuts... Sound like a perfect time to spend CREDIT money on useless junk.

People truly are stupid and commercialization is dictating the majority of populace.

Not me ... I'm barely scraping by. Not doing a single Christmas gift / Black friday item this year.

I know that there are still sane people left. But one thing is for sure, all those people fighting in Walmarts, Best Buys etc. are definitely not 1%-ers. And most probably are in financial trouble already.
I'm sure that a lot of people joining the frenzy are in good shape financially, but I feel they’re a minority.

Honestly those "floor deals" or "door busters" are very limited in quantity.

You would also need to camp the store many many hours before their sales start (I did this years ago, after that never did it again).

I just goto Amazon and order everything, or you can wait for Cyber Monday for the electronics deals, which are generally far better than the Black Friday deals(and a multitude of online stores to pick and choose from).

Essentially if you want to still go through with it:

Leave Thanksgiving Dinner early or don't bother with it(they open at 8 PM this year).

Might want to line up close to 12 PM if they even allow you in the Electronics section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back