How to all-season UHP compare to a touring all-season?

May i suggest a different approach?

since you have them, test them especially in rain conditions.
your problem in cold is if they become hard as concrete, flat spot, and no traction in new snow 1-4 inches

search any reviews on tirerack, discounttire, simpletire, tirebuyer looking for sedans. look especially for winter driving reviews.
warning: most of the posted reviews on tires in general are less than 3k-5k miles.

Meanwhile, check you local marketplace and craigslist for used tires, to see your value if you want to sell.

As I posted elsewhere, I put Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires on my Clubman; the Quatrac 5 is a H speed ratedgrand touring all-season that also has the severe snow service rating. I like them a lot- they are good in the snow and amazing in the wet; a while back I was driving the car on the interstate in a moderate rain; I wasn't paying attention to the speedometer(easy to do in an R55 Mini) and when I did glance over at it I found I was cruising at over 85 mph. The car felt solid as a rock- the tires performing as if the road was bone dry.

My Club Sport is retired from track duty and never sees snow/salt; I went with the UHP Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. They are perfect in that application as I no longer push it past 8/10ths and I don't have to worry about ambient temperatures when I take it out.

The 2er gets Pilot Super Sports; I'm not hobbling it with an A/S tire- although when I worked at BMW at least one imbecile bought a new M2 and immediately replaced the summer rubber with A/S tires- which is almost as bad as ordering one with a hole in the roof.

As always, YMMV...

Back