How tight for this mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

This is for a 2006 Tacoma. The bolt is loose. How tight should it be and should I use thread locker? thanks.

Which mount is it there is more than 1, what engine is this? You need to provide detailed information if you want correct answers.

Originally Posted by Trav
Which mount is it there is more than 1, what engine is this? You need to provide detailed information if you want correct answers.

Sorry for the lack of details. It's a automatic transmission mount for a 2006 Tacoma V6. The center bolt is what I don't understand. How much is it tightened? It came loose in the box and seems it can't be tightened much, but looks as if it would back out easily.

That bolt appears to be just snug (not tight, just no play), it is not mentioned in any text, nothing else is required, loctite etc. I would say that is a safety catch bolt that prevents over flexing on the rubber and needs no preload.
These are the torque specs for the mounting bolts.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Edit: Once installed that nut may be a slightly loose as the rubber is compressed, this is normal for this type of attachment, do not tighten the nut and remove that play you could possibly induce vibration. The nut probably seems to be nylon and probably has some resistance to prevent loosening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back