How Soon Can I wax it?

MolaKule

Staff member
As many of you may know, I am giving my 1999 S-10 2WD pickup truck to my grandson.

Yesterday in 80 degree temps I primed and repainted about a 5" X 12" area and while I am certainly no expert in this area, I must say it looks good. The painted area is dry and smooth this morning with no tackiness.

How soon can I wax it?

Thanks

Mola

As many of you may know, I am giving my 1999 S-10 2WD pickup truck to my grandson.

Yesterday in 80 degree temps I primed and repainted about a 5" X 12" area and while I am certainly no expert in this area, I must say it looks good. The painted area is dry and smooth this morning with no tackiness.

How soon can I wax it?

Thanks

Mola
Lacquer or a 2 k paint?

How soon can I wax it?

Thanks

Mola
Pics ot it ain't real. Before and after for extra credit...

I'd give it 30 days, or:

Typically 30 days, however I would contact the paint mfg. and get the answer directly from them.

Thanks for info Guys. 👍

The paint was an acrylic enamel, GMC 9088 Cherry Red Metallic.

O"Reilly's custom mixed it for me and I must say it is very true to the original.

OK, I'll take the truck to the grandson next week and give him the Meguiar's Ultra Synthetic, Polymerized, super-duper wax and he can finish it up in three weeks. I also have a bunch of oil and filters I will give him.

Ask the paint shop.
It just says on the can I should not intentionally abuse the inhalation of said vapors. Well, it was in French so I think that's what it said. :unsure:

My German wife is not here to interpret as she is tri-lingual. :cool:

Last edited:
I also have a bunch of oil and filters I will give him.

Is the oil group l,II,III,lll+,IV, or V? Is it the proper grade listed on the oil fill cap? Do the filters have cardboard or steel end caps? The guys here need to know that stuff 😉

Back