How Shell drills for oil in deepwater...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link ... I'll watch it this afternoon after my ToDo list is ToDone.

Side note: I was surprised to find that BP has THE contract to supply gas/oil to the US military. So we allow BP to harvest oil on US property and pay them for it. Sounds like a deal was made eh?

Originally Posted By: Zoridog
Thanks for the link ... I'll watch it this afternoon after my ToDo list is ToDone.

Side note: I was surprised to find that BP has THE contract to supply gas/oil to the US military. So we allow BP to harvest oil on US property and pay them for it. Sounds like a deal was made eh?

I think they pay royalties, income taxes and take considerable investment risk in producing the oil too. Always amazing that people assume oil companies produce oil the Jed Clampett way.

You would be hard pressed to find a more corrupt government thaN ours

Originally Posted By: Burt

I think they pay royalties, income taxes and take considerable investment risk in producing the oil too. Always amazing that people assume oil companies produce oil the Jed Clampett way.

Well that is what their propaganda department puts out for folks to swallow anyway

Originally Posted By: badnews

Let's see, Nigeria, Somalia, Greece, Pakistan, India, China, Russia, Mexico, Columbia, Saudi Arabia, .....

Oil spill are nature of the oil business and nothing can be done about it no matter how careful they are… today BP tomorrow Exon or Shell. Incidents happen, even adults [censored] in their pans from time to time.

I trust that you wouldn't mind the next one being in your front yard the next time...

or the next Bhopal, Chernobyl etc.

LOL...too funny....not to worldy are you?

Ever known anyone from Somalia?

Originally Posted By: Burt

Well that is what their propaganda department puts out for folks to swallow anyway

You do realize that the federal and state governments make more profit from every gallon of gas than the oil companies do. Explain it away as propoganda or whatever you want to use to rationalize your position but the facts are the facts.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
You do realize that the federal and state governments make more profit from every gallon of gas than the oil companies do. Explain it away as propoganda or whatever you want to use to rationalize your position but the facts are the facts.

And why shouldn't it be? it is a an efficient way of measuring how much use of the infrastructure (road, military along the oil import route, political contribution to other nations to secure our low cost, etc) each individual and corporate uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back