How quick do you take your Christmas tree down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I put one up, it's usually come down on New Year's Day, mainly because Chicago usually got snow on NYE and I didn't go out driving the next day unless I absolutely had to.

But I haven't put one up for many years now. Any visiting is done *by* me, so no sense putting up a tree for no one to see.

When the HOA police see it in my window and send me a nasty gram. Usually the 15th of January.

Here no-one takes the tree down until after the Ukrainian New Year (January 14) even though English / Scottish / Irish is the majority, its a tradition set by the large number of Ukrainian immigrants from 1900~1920's and observed by everyone.

Whenever we feel like it. We have a fake tree so it's no big issue. Probably sooner this year as it's taking up valuable space in our house.

Our indoor stuff comes down sometime around New Year's weekend, or the weekend after...for the outdoor stuff, I'll usually wait until we get a not so cold day...we just don't turn the outside lights on after New Year's...

Its down now,, all decorations go to a thrift store for resale,, new decorations are cheap at dollar tree,, no storage..

Took down today.
Love putting it up but hate taking it down.
Depressing it's over for a year.
I enjoy looking at the lights.
It seemed this year that the season just flew by too fast.
Next year I may start putting out stuff right after Halloween so we can enjoy it longer.
Now there are no holidays to look forward to for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back