How populated are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby boomers are getting up there and the cost of having children is high. Daycare for example is about $50 dollars less then our mortgage a month! For one kid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
Baby boomers are getting up there and the cost of having children is high.

Factor in the average wage is less than $20 a hour having such a old percentage of the population makes sense.

The secret of daycare expenses, is,,,wait for itttt....do not have kids..........I never took that advice, but daycare was 90 a month when my kids were little.....amazing, we have kids, momma goes to work, shells out her pay for daycare,,,,sometimes we make less than frugal choices.........................

That's why the wife quit (years ago)-too much money for daycare & the daycare was lousy anyway. The sacrifice was worth it, I've had to work a lot of overtime, but at least my wife could be with them when they were young (they're 18 & 21 now). Fortunately, being a BITOG tightwad helps too!

I've recently been learning about human population throughout history. It's amazing that 2000 years ago, the entire earth had far fewer people than the United States does now. Note: By some estimates 150 million, other estimates put the population at near 300 Million.

1000 years ago, it rose slightly over 300 million!

And, the earth did not reach a Billion people until 1820.

Note: we are now over 7 Billion.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that there are more people alive, now, than have ever lived, ever, in the history of mankind.

If you're stashing popcorn to watch the Rapture, the odds are in your favor.
28.gif

Speaking of populations, I want to say I read somewhere that the average human on earth is a Chinese male in their mid 20s.

The population curve has been a problem for a long time. The Chinese had some limits to births, but mostly there's been little leadership in dealing with this crush. Nigeria is about the size of Texas with-what 10 times the population. There was a story about a couple who had 5 kids while waiting in a camp to cross the pond and come here to do what. Ebola gets attention, but starvation is already a pretty big deal in areas. It will get much worse before long

Originally Posted By: Lapham3
There was a story about a couple who had 5 kids while waiting in a camp to cross the pond and come here to do what. Ebola gets attention, but starvation is already a pretty big deal in areas. It will get much worse before long

So? It's long been shown that wealth, education, and respect for womens' rights help cut birthrates. These folks have none of that. They can only hope one or two of theirs "make it" and could plausibly support them in old age.

Originally Posted By: needsducktape
Hmmm.

I prefer to be outnumbered by animals.

Technically we are outnumbered by insects.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: pbm
'Survival of the Fittest' no longer applies....it's now survival of the loudest...

You nailed it.

Darwin desperately needs to be able to weed out the
useless eaters and instead they have been allow to breed
and overwhelm the general population.

You can thank the useless leaders in the USA for that.
They have put a endless burden on those that pull their weight and deserve a better situation.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: pbm
'Survival of the Fittest' no longer applies....it's now survival of the loudest...

You nailed it.

Darwin desperately needs to be able to weed out the
useless eaters and instead they have been allow to breed
and overwhelm the general population.

You can thank the useless leaders in the USA for that.
They have put a endless burden on those that pull their weight and deserve a better situation.

Which is it? The "elite" meddle too much in people's lives or do not do enough to interfere. Because according to you it is both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back