How old is this old white Mobil 1 filter?

Changed the oil in my 65 Chevelle for the first time. I know that it hardly moved for many years and only had 400 or less miles on the oil/filter. I took the filter off, drained it then reinstalled. With the way it was on, I could not see a part # cross reference to get a new one in advance and from sorting out some carb issues, I wanted to get the fuel soaked oil out.

What kind of media is in this old Mobil filter? Any real risk keeping it in service?

Attachments

• 20230408_173336.jpg
    20230408_173336.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 20230408_171938.jpg
    20230408_171938.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 75
That's a Mobil filter not a Mobil 1 filter, which I think are pretty much only used by shops maybe some farm stores had them at one point, It appears to be a Purolator code, it was manufactured August 28, 2006 in Fayetteville, NC on line A on 2nd shift.

Last edited:
Changed the oil in my 65 Chevelle for the first time. I know that it hardly moved for many years and only had 400 or less miles on the oil/filter. I took the filter off, drained it then reinstalled. With the way it was on, I could not see a part # cross reference to get a new one in advance and from sorting out some carb issues, I wanted to get the fuel soaked oil out.

What kind of media is in this old Mobil filter? Any real risk keeping it in service?
Be careful taking off a filter and then re installing it, I have seen them loosening up and falling off, don't ask me how I know.

That's a Mobil filter not a Mobil 1 filter, which I think are pretty much only used by shops maybe some farm stores had them at one point, It appears to be a Purolator code, it was manufactured August 28, 2006 in Fayetteville, NC on line A on 2nd shift.

Made in Fayettenam?? Definitely getting removed now.

Back