How often do you see a doctor each year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
My BP has been 175/140 for over 2 years.
crazy2.gif

If my BP was that high,,I would most likely be way dizzy or in the emergency room getting help,,,mine runs around 120/80

Mines 110/60 😁

I should get that lowered.

Would bleeding a pint knock it down?

Why do you think blood-letting worked so well long time ago? Go and donate.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
crazy2.gif

If my BP was that high,,I would most likely be way dizzy or in the emergency room getting help,,,mine runs around 120/80

And I thought my 156/107 was crazy (1 hour after a tooth extraction and whatever they used to numb me)

Originally Posted By: silveravant
How many random questions do you ask each year?

No idea. I don't count. I just put them out there to get people talking.

Do you have an answer?

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: silveravant
How many random questions do you ask each year?

No idea. I don't count. I just put them out there to get people talking.

Do you have an answer?

5,035/10 years=503.5 posts/questions per year

P.S. ZZMan, keep going, your topics varies from NICE, interesting, I didn't know that to I needed that morning laugh...

I have to go every month now.
I will meet my $6000 deductible next month a after that all medical is paid for the rest of the year.
Did someone say getting old suxxs?

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I have to go every month now.
I will meet my $6000 deductible next month a after that all medical is paid for the rest of the year.
Did someone say getting old suxxs?

It does

One time a year unless I have a Stroke or PE or blood clot of some sort had them all in last 4 years.

Step 1...enter doctor's office for annual visit
Step 2...doctor complains that I haven't lost weight
Step 3...doctor makes dumb small talk while he listens to my lungs and checks BP
Step 4...doctor orders $800 of tests and complains because I can't afford them
Step 5...doctor writes refills for prescriptions
Step 6...pay doctor $70 for office visit
Step 7...don't let the door hit you on your way out

Rinse...lather...repeat...it's been this way for about 10 years now.

Once a year, but I did just start a new sleep aid so they may want to see me again before refilling it.

I went in a couple of years ago for a routine physical, and he said I needed to lose 10lb before going back. I'm going to miss our yearly visits...

I seem to average once or every other year for routine (now past 40 I guess it has to become yearly), and all too often about once a year for illness.

More recently as I've gotten older or the wife pulls rank. Had recently developed gout and had to get that all figured out...allopurinol is your friend!!!!! Especially if you like to partake in adult beverages from time to time. Now my wife, different story. She's had a run of bad luck lately...breast cancer, hysterectomy, back issues. Glad I got insurance from the job.

One other thing... I gripe and moan about the excesses of the "medical industrial complex" as much as anyone- the number of tests they throw at you, the number of pharmaceuticals they want to use, and (particularly) the constant advertisements for mood-altering pharmaceuticals that end with "ask your doctor about..." and so on. But what REALLY torques me off are the anti-Vaxxer types, and the anti-pharmaceutical types who insist that ALL modern medicine is evil. Sorry, I don't want to go back to an average life expectancy of 35 years, and I don't want to be exposed to measles, whooping cough, or worse because someone else is a brain-dead moron who doesn't understand that, yes, vaccines can cause reactions, but they can also prevent DEATH. Pharma and modern medicine has its place. Good diet and moderate use of supplements has its place. But the latter is NOT a guarantee of health and well-being, nor is reliance on witch-doctor rituals like chinese medicine and accupuncture. The main thing is that everyone take some ownership of their own health... don't just take every pill the doc prescribes, and don't blindly accept the doc if he says you don't need anything. Find out what works, research meds, research medical conditions, and help the doc to his job.

There, I said my bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back