How much to charge for automotive wiring job

Do it for free. Likely will be issues for the forecastable future after the harness is run. If you accept fees for your work you are lifelong party to potential issues- and will get calls for possibly years to come. No money worth that exposure.

You like doing it.... do it for free and eliminate the responsibility you assume with taking a fee for the work.
I suppose you could apply that logic to many types of self employed jobs. Of course there are always risks involved but life is risky. I enjoy wiring and wiring does not scare me especially with old simple 12v power ground type circuits. Most issues can be avoided by taking your time and making sure the routing and terminal connections are quality work.

there’s not a whole lot to wire in on those trucks

$50/hr x how many hours expected to complete job. then complete it ahead of schedule and grab a beer

its 12v. It was positive earth but will be changed to negative earth.
I couldn't price that by the job, generic harnesses rarely go as expected and need a bit of work. there are companies in the UK that makes a full harness for these with all the correct color codes and mounting clips even LHD models. Personally I would go this route especially if its a restoration.

Just a couple of examples but there are dozens, getting them to the USA is no problem.

I couldn't price that by the job, generic harnesses rarely go as expected and need a bit of work. there are companies in the UK that makes a full harness for these with all the correct color codes and mounting clips even LHD models. Personally I would go this route especially if its a restoration.

Just a couple of examples but there are dozens, getting them to the USA is no problem.

Yes I did see those but the owner already has the other harness and wants that installed.i probably would have gone with something like that but it's not my decision. The vehicle just has simple lighting and a few gauges so its as easy as it can be for and generic harness.

Back