How much to charge for automotive wiring job

I will be starting a wiring job on I believe a series 2 land rover. We have a new generic harness with fuse block and relay box. My job is to run the wiring neatly throughout the vehicle and have it end at the appropriate section of the vehicle so that way whatever component attaches to the wiring harness the owner can just plug in such as headlights and taillights. Right now the vehicle has no wiring in it at all. The job is fairly straightforward and should take about 3 days. I have no clue what to charge for installing the harness. What do you think is a fair price?

First question is "do you really want to do this?" Next question is "do you know or are related to this person?" The answer to the first question dictates the price and the answer to the second question is if you are actually going to get paid for the job.

First question is "do you really want to do this?" Next question is "do you know or are related to this person?" The answer to the first question dictates the price and the answer to the second question is if you are actually going to get paid for the job.
Yes i do want to do the job. I enjoy wiring. Yes i do know this person. They are a family friend and yes i will get paid.

OP ,If you are not making final connections what is your exposure if this job goes sideways? Not sure what the incentive is for this endeavor.
The incentive is money and its a fun project. The vehicle is apart and is a restoration project that has been going on for a long time. Sure things could always go wrong but i am mainly routing wires and putting on terminals.

Give an estimate based on your hourly rate, not a formal quote or an agreed to price, and bill on a time and materials basis.

I have paid between $400 and $500 plus wire, connectors, sockets, lights, etc. to have each of my three cars wired from scratch. The first was my Corvair, where an electrician who owned it 25 years earlier did the work, along with rebuilding the starter.
The Mini and Dauphine were done in my garage, with a mechanic/friend and me.
I would not recommend just wiring for someone to plug in things. It should be a full package, as only then do you rule out inconsistencies. For the Dauphine, I used a fantastic fuse/relay box from http://www.racersrods.com

I have paid between $400 and $500 plus wire, connectors, sockets, lights, etc. to have each of my three cars wired from scratch. The first was my Corvair, where an electrician who owned it 25 years earlier did the work, along with rebuilding the starter.
The Mini and Dauphine were done in my garage, with a mechanic/friend and me.
I would not recommend just wiring for someone to plug in things. It should be a full package, as only then do you rule out inconsistencies. For the Dauphine, I used a fantastic fuse/relay box from http://www.racersrods.com
good info. Everything is supplied to me and anything else needed will be purchased separate of what i will be paid. Basically the rover is just a rolling chassis right now. Only the firewall is installed all the other body panels are off the vehicle so i cant get any of the lighting installed yet

I will be starting a wiring job on I believe a series 2 land rover. We have a new generic harness with fuse block and relay box. My job is to run the wiring neatly throughout the vehicle and have it end at the appropriate section of the vehicle so that way whatever component attaches to the wiring harness the owner can just plug in such as headlights and taillights. Right now the vehicle has no wiring in it at all. The job is fairly straightforward and should take about 3 days. I have no clue what to charge for installing the harness. What do you think is a fair price?
Is this a 6v system with positive earth and a generator? Are you doing a 12v neg earth alt conversion wiring job?

Is this a 6v system with positive earth and a generator? Are you doing a 12v neg earth alt conversion wiring job?
its 12v. It was positive earth but will be changed to negative earth.

If you are using generic harness in a pretty basic vehicle, no power windows, locks, cruise, a/c, etc., why would it take so long? It's not like you're making it from scratch.
there are always things you run into that take longer than expected. Getting pinout diagrams, test fitting components, needing to buy extra things ect. Im more concerned about charging for the job as a total than for individual days

Do it for free. Likely will be issues for the forecastable future after the harness is run. If you accept fees for your work you are lifelong party to potential issues- and will get calls for possibly years to come. No money worth that exposure.

You like doing it.... do it for free and eliminate the responsibility you assume with taking a fee for the work.

Do it for free. Likely will be issues for the forecastable future after the harness is run. If you accept fees for your work you are lifelong party to potential issues- and will get calls for possibly years to come. No money worth that exposure.

You like doing it.... do it for free and eliminate the responsibility you assume with taking a fee for the work.
Why do it for free? Just say no.
Free doesn't get you off the hook for a bad job...does it?

Back