How much Techron per tank of fuel?

^ Yes the key word there is "might", though it also depends on your definition of acceptable. Many people think detergent is so unimportant that they even buy vehicles with GDI engines. Regardless, within the context of this topic, an enhanced additive pack, whether from a top tier participating brand or not, can reduce existing deposits. A few tanks of something else due to health concerns isn't going to make much difference in the grand scheme of things, could still make it unnecessary to use techron for short period in the vehicle lifespan if it wouldn't need it otherwise.

Is adding techron to gas a lot easier than merely wearing a glove to fill at a top tier every few times you get gas till the pandemic is over? Seems like a wash to me. If touching anything is a potential problem, how do you get the techron and put it in? It's either in a store or a package that someone just delivered, or if you're going to use a staging area to let incoming products cool down, it still comes back to how much effort vs wearing a glove to pump fuel.

Last edited:
None. run good fuel not needed or wanted. These powerful fuel/valve/head system cleaners have either done nothing or instead caused problems in a couple instances over my many decades of maintenance.

If you are bent on using this stuff, I would do at least 1/2 or 1/3 the recommended treat rate to put you near where TTF would be.

Thank you, everyone, for the comments. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I will stick to my routine of using at every oil change.

That being said, I do NOT appreciate health advice. I tried avoiding making this statement but I think it needs to be made to clear the air. In the OP, even though I mentioned pandemic, I didn't ask for health advice. I 'know' what I am doing and why.

But just in case anyone must need an explanation
- I have an autoimmune disease and on immunosuppressants.
- My wife works with elderly patients and she has already gotten 3 close calls. Luckily, she has been negative so far. Due to her work, we can not afford to be lax in any way. She could end up being a carrier infecting many elderly patients.
- We are overdoing it and we know it but that is out of an abundance of caution, not because we are paranoid. We don't 'enjoy' this lifestyle.
- Techron I am using is sitting in my house for over a year.
- Anything that is delivered to our place sits outside for at least 2 days, if not more. Refrigerated items get wiped with disinfectant wipes and then alcohol before letting inside.

I hope this helps others who may choose to respond to this thread to stay on the topic.

I found using Chevron's Techron ( i used a double dose each time) in two vehicles (2001 Corvette-2007 F150) that displayed an issue with the gas gauge being non responsive...I had read online with the Corvette (prior to Top Tier gasoline) that Techron could help with gas gauge issues and it cleared up in the first tankful and never returned (I used Chevron Complete Fuel System Cleaner)...when I experienced a similar issue with my F150 after taking possession of it about 18 months ago, I tried it again and the issue cleared itself in the first tankful and has not returned...

I do use Top Tier for all my vehicles and I use the Complete Fuel System Cleaner at least once a year...I've not had a fuel related issue on my cars or the cars I take care of which stands at 5 right now...

YMMV of course...

Bill

The HYUNDAI Genuine Fuel System Cleaner Plus ( w/ Techron Technology ) is a double dose of the 10 ounce CHEVRON Complete Fuel System Cleaner at WalMart or about a double dose with the 12 ounce Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner .
IMG_5498.JPG
IMG_5501.JPG
IMG_5502.JPG
IMG_5497.JPG

Back