How much should I charge???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell him if he knew correct English, it should have read "Please email me only..." For this, there will be a 25 dollar surcharge on top of the 50 you will charge him.

Ethically, is this the right thing to do?
Accounting as a profession has taken numerous hits for unethical actions. To me, this person need to either talk to their professor or seek private tutoring. By having someone else do the online work for them will only hurt them in the long run. Accounting is a building process, you must understand the fundamental concepts in order to proceed. Just my $0.02.

I once had a neighbor that asked me to take a welding course in his name, he would receive an increase in pay for having taken the course, but he did not want to put in the time.

I often wondered if later he ever had to do any welding?

You should take the course for him. After he graduates someone will need a scapegoat for some scandal; he'll be the perfect patsy and take the bullet for all the other accountants.
thumbsup2.gif

Come up with a quirky sounding latin payment schedule that translates to a dollar a day for the rest of your life. If he decodes the latin he fails the stupid test.

Wow - nothing against you Drew, but I guess this is how "creative accounting" is taught and practiced. Enron accounting in the making...

I think you should charge 1 cent per day and double it each day for 30 days--this would be a bargain for him/her and no less than what they deserve.

One needs to look up the Slime Bucket Fee Schedule for that. It is available if you give them your bank account number, bank name & address, and password. It was written by Mr. I.M. Slick and published by U.R. Hadd & Co.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
It was written by Mr. I.M. Slick and published by U.R. Hadd & Co.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: hate2work

I would think they would track the IP address, but maybe not.

They do track the IP addresses. At school we had two MBA students get expelled because they took a test in the same library and had converging answers.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Wow - nothing against you Drew, but I guess this is how "creative accounting" is taught and practiced. Enron accounting in the making...

I think you should charge 1 cent per day and double it each day for 30 days--this would be a bargain for him/her and no less than what they deserve.

There is a code of conduct for the CPA-s that prohibits things like this.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan

You mean a code that prevents them from taking a test for someone or Enron style accounting?

I think the word we're all searching for here is "fraud".

Fraud; intentional deceit in order to gain personal advantage.

What this guy proposes is fraud - to have someone else perform his work (deceit) to gain personal advantage (course credit).

In addition to being unethical - it is a crime....

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: CivicFan

You mean a code that prevents them from taking a test for someone or Enron style accounting?

Both. I am a CPA and we take it very seriously.

Would any of those here want an accountant that had someone else take their test for them?

That could really get a person in a mess if they were the one to get this guy.

shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: motorguy222
Would any of those here want an accountant that had someone else take their test for them?

That could really get a person in a mess if they were the one to get this guy.

shocked.gif

It will be impossible for someone to become a CPA if you do not take it very seriously.

CPAs can't hide behind "client privledge as attorneys do. They can use various methods of interpretation, can recognize expense and income on various time intervals, but ultimately, they must be on the up and up.

Then there's the CPA who signed off on Madoff's financial statements. Dumbarse who had to know the house of cards would eventually fall and that he would hold part of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back