how much MMO do i need to add ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my engine take 6 quart, how much MMO do I add to engine, and how long I need to run it ? should I run it in every oil change ? its work with high miles oil or just plain dino ? Thanks

What purpose are you adding it for? Is there some symptom you're trying to fix?

The MMO website says between 10%-25% is fine, and that it's fine for all oils.

my engine is already up over 157k miles, it puff out a smoke when heavy stop and go . I been use 20w50 gtx high miles, and it havent been lost any oil lately, im thinking running 10w40 maxlife with MMO since its cold around here.

Substitute a quart of MMO for motor oil - 5 quarts of oil, 1 quart of MMO.
55.gif

1 Quart.
You can run it with every oil change but I think that is overkill.
Can use with any oil.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
+1

'
+2, good move getting that 20w50 out for the winter time. Add a qt of MMO and drive. If it is a dirty engine or plugged up rings causing your problems MMO will do the trick. Worn or broken parts are another story and will require replacement.

Have a look at the PCV valve and hoses, replace if bad, use an OEM PCV valve if you need one. Good luck!

I have used MMO in an oil burning Saturn the last 3 oil changes. In my case I started getting more oil consumption and smoke at stop and go driving, especially now that it is cold when using MMO. So, I am stopping the use of MMO. On the other hand my car has never run better. Probably will not hurt, but may not help. I am using more than a quart per 600 miles since using MMO. Demarpaint has pretty much covered everything.

For those of us that have gotten used to engines that burn approximately zero oil, any oil burning is a death sentence so an additive tried is better than an additive not tried. Try the MMO and see if it helps.

Originally Posted By: killagt
my engine take 6 quart, how much MMO do I add to engine, and how long I need to run it ? should I run it in every oil change ? its work with high miles oil or just plain dino ? Thanks

1) How many Miles are on your engine
2) What are your OCI's
3) What brand of Motor Oil do you use
4) What are your driving conditions ( stop and go) ( highway driving )
5) Year, Make, and Model of your vehicle

I would use it MAYBE for a couple days for a sump cleanup on an abused engine then dump the fill. OTW, the lube manufacturers take out this stuff (volatile, cyclic, aromatic HC for a reason). Your sump wont meet GF4 with this stuff in there. I like molecular diversity in lubricants, but my warranty doesnt.

Originally Posted By: severach
For those of us that have gotten used to engines that burn approximately zero oil, any oil burning is a death sentence ... .
I might disagree here AFA the death sentence goes. It could be just dry valve stem seals. I would agree the cat won't like it.

the car is burn oil with 10w30-40 weight, and it switch to gtx high miles 20w50 and it burn oil for the first OCI, this is second time using 20w50 and have not lost any oil since 1000+ miles now. its 1998 mustang gt 4.6L 157+ miles, 3 month of 3k miles oil change, mosty city driving. I want to change to different oil weight since winter is here.

using 10/40 and 20/50 in a 4.6L modular? i always thought that engine (which i also have in my tbird) has very tight clearences and using such thick oils will not lubricate it well enough and eventually will harm the engine...

My 97 Tbird's 4.6 is quieter than most newer cars and burn no/very little oil. i have only used 5/30 (rarely 10/30 on occasions) since I've owned it. heck Ford recommends 5/20 for this engine now.

I switch to 10w30 dino oil with 1 quart of MMO, car is smoke at idle and while driving, it dint do that with 20w50 for last 1 years. Imma go back with 20w50 tomorrow and be done with it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back