How much is kerosene?

Got an orchard heater ( don't call it a smudge pot here lol). Been running our bio diesel in it but it's not a very good fuel for it.

Was looking into using kerosene but that's super expensive here,likely because it's a petroleum product. Heavily taxed? I dunno.

Ace wants $10 a gallon. Is this a normal price?

What is your bio diesel? Actual soy derived bio diesel that makes the exhaust smell like peanuts or is this the only diesel fuel available because it’s Kalifornia?

Why is it not good for your heater? Can you get off-road diesel? I wonder if something propane or electric would be better.

What is your bio diesel? Actual soy derived bio diesel that makes the exhaust smell like peanuts or is this the only diesel fuel available because it’s Kalifornia?

Why is it not good for your heater? Can you get off-road diesel? I wonder if something propane or electric would be better.

As of 10-21 it's the only fuel available here. B99....even if not marked on the pump it's all B99 now. Off road diesel is the same but with red dye added. It simply won't burn. You can hold a propane torch to it till the cows go home and it just won't light. I can pour gas in it and it may light or it may go out. I ran through a whole gallon of gas this morning and it finally lit.

It works fine in a diesel engine. Just not as a campfire fuel.

$10 a gallon at tractor supply too. They can pound sand lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-123839.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-123839.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 9
i just realized I asked my original question wrong but you get the idea. Lol

I’d try to shop around for gas station kerosene.

I wouldn't use a electric heater the grid is not reliable enough and there is a energy shortage at the moment there.

Back