How much does farm land rent out for?

The answer vastly depends on demand for land by farmers , water supply on site, soil condition, and also vicinity to other farmed land they own.

Sheer luck is involved. A coworker purchased a few thousand acres in some sort unnamed town in Maine for under $15k. He just wanted it for a camp one day.

The camp turned into a decent home as he is was approach by Maple producers who found he had a few thousand accessible maple trees for production. I believe he gets about $40k per year.

A lot of things determine price

# of arable acres

Where I live prices go from S100-250/acre depending on the above.

It's big news here lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-072323.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-072323.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 22
Bill Gates has been buying farmland for awhile, now to the tune of 270,000+ acres, and counting. He is an avowed enemy of raising cattle, and the property he is investing in has been used for exactly that, or at least suitable. Our kids may be eating worm meal and algae for their protein.

Bill Gates has been buying farmland for awhile, now to the tune of 270,000+ acres, and counting. He is an avowed enemy of raising cattle, and the property he is investing in has been used for exactly that, or at least suitable. Our kids may be eating worm meal and algae for their protein.
I've read about this, Michael Burry, the Saudis and Chinese have been as well. Preferably land with a water source. Local governments have been getting mad at Gates for his investments, almost seems like a fiefdom with the amount of land he owns.

depends on geographic place, amount of land, condition, all sorta stuff. Post #8'n 10 are good (we R not annomous to one'n nother like some R in the city). alSo, a talk with the local Coop Extention agent, a lill more remote - a farm realitor. Some folks near is important as they dont wanna move equp too far (for lill gain). Do U like smell and noise? It may include both. We dont care as it is part of 'country life' (and short lived).

Back