How much do you pay for a haircut?

Without tip in my small Iowa town: About $20 if you go to a beauty salon. Their is an 80 year old barber that works 3 days per week for something to do and get out of the house. He charges $14 and I flip him a $20.

Also, where are you located?

My hair cutter just increased her price to $40.00!
Hair cut and shampoo from chain here in STL is $28.00. I also provide $10.00 tip normally and $20.00 at Christmas time. BTW this same chain stop taking cash for service payment. I pay for the haircut with CC and pay the tip to the stylist directly with cash.....that is what I would want if I were in their shoes.

About $18-$20 in mid-Michigan.

With the bowl cut coming back into style, I might give the diy haircut a try. Maybe use our goat shears.
housebound-haircut-4.jpg

My wife cuts it ever since Covid. Used to be about $20 plus a $5-6 tip before. She watched a few YouTube videos and we were off and running. 2 on the sides, blend with a 3 or 4 and scissor cut the top about 1.5-2”. I usually have her cut it every 2 weeks so the $30 Wahl set paid for itself very quickly. I think the best part is I don’t have to go somewhere or schedule it.

Nothing, my wife does the work. Long time ago she invested in dog clippers - very expensive and high quality, so outside of the initial investment of about $250 CAD we've saved huge amounts on dog trims and Dad trims. She also does my youngest son when he's tight on funds.