How many watts or what type of adapter is this?

My daughter broke one of the prongs in the adapter in the thumbnail. It goes to an LED light set, not a computer.

I went to WM and what they had was a universal adapter that had a lot of different fittings (I'm sure one would work) to put onto the cable; it said it was 65 watts. I couldn't see how many watts this adapter was.

Does the wattage rating matter here? Adapter.jpg

Just make sure when you get a replacement power supply you know that the barrel end polarity is correct... your power supply is center pin positive.

Give a better pic of the label and we can help better. Volts x amps = watts. Watts matter, but volts matter more...

Most people (me) have a box of old power cubes I no longer use. I would see if I had one but you will probably find one locally quicker.

Up in the air about moving the box of them to new house. Need to cut back as less storage in new house.

Most people (me) have a box of old power cubes I no longer use. I would see if I had one but you will probably find one locally quicker.

Up in the air about moving the box of them to new house. Need to cut back as less storage in new house.
You know as soon as you get rid of them, you’ll need them!

12 volts 1.5 amps is a very common rating and it looks like a standard 5.5/2.1 center positive plug.

Eventually collections like Donald's end up at thrift stores in a "Hell Box" where you have to pick through and untangle the wires yourself.

That's easy to tell by the label. The maximum DC output is 18W as others noted. However, it's a voltage source where a higher current rating won't hurt.

I've got a bunch of 12V power adapters with a medium center positive barrel. I got them with assorted external hard drives. I don't use them much (just for archiving) and have reassigned some of them to other duty. Most are rated as 2A. I had an older battery charger that came with 12V, 1A adapters, but where the barrel was smaller. I found an adapter (a pair actually) on eBay for less than $2 a few years ago and it's working fine with that combination.

So far I haven't seen any center pin negative power supply for consumer products.

I've never seen a dedicated one before. However, many universal kits could be changed. A few had modular tips that could be reversed. I've also seen some where there's a switch on the wall wart to change polarity.

71hn1s-oiBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So far I haven't seen any center pin negative power supply for consumer products.
I've seen a couple of them, for most applications they've pretty much disappeared over the years though.

Double check the barrel end, 5.5mm outer diameter is the most common but there are two center post sizes that are very common. 2.1mm and 2.5mm, the 2.5mm wont fit the smaller barrel and the smaller one will have a lot of connection issues if used with a 2.5mm barrel if it works at all.

There's a good chance you already have a suitable brick laying around somewhere if you have any old wireless routers or modems laying around, if not then walmart will have one that will work.

Back