How many use(d) Moly E.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff :-
http://www.schaefferoil.com/specialty/132.html

I now have 2000 miles using Pennzoil 5w30 and Moly E.P. Not only did my car's mpg's increased by ~1 but the car drives smoother and is also quieter. I am very impressed with Moly E.P. Its lime green in color, honey like texture/thick, I thought it was a gimmick and actually decrease my mpg's but has done the opposite. So how many others have use(d) it and have similar results or opposite results?

I use it in my 1997 Nissan pickup truck. I don't have any scientific evidence that it's doing anything positive but I get a warm and fuzzy feeling by using it. It is the slickest stuff I've ever seen and it smells great!

Moly EP is good for thickening oil and for reducing smoke in oil burners. It has little moly but has some decent antimony AW add. Somewhere on this site are two VOA analyses of Moly EP.

Quote:

Moly EP is good for thickening oil and for reducing smoke in oil burners. It has little moly but has some decent antimony AW add. Somewhere on this site are two VOA analyses of Moly EP.

Before I added this stuff I did search on this board and found the VOA with the Moly amount to be 2. That is why I am confused, if it is to thicken the oil, wouldnt my mpg's go down because of this but it has actually gone up and I scrutanize my mileage every fill.

P.S. It's good to have you back on the board. Your insight is very helpful and was missed.

We use a bottle with each oil change in our stock car. It gets 7 1/2 quarts of Schaeffer 7000 20W50 and a bottle of Moly EP. It seems to hold a bit better hot oil pressure than without the additive. Our engine builder told us to run it, so we have been. I used it once in a Dodge 4.7, and it didn't seem to do much.

By buddy uses a half a bottle with each oil change in his '90 Sunbird with that Brazillian 2.0L engine, which has been notorious for wiping out camshafts. He just had it rebuilt recently after a timing belt skipped due to a failed water pump, so in his mind, this is a little added peace of mind.

I have used it for years with the Lube Control 3 ounces of EP with 1 ounce of LC. Place 4 ounces in a oil at change interval. When I was doing a lot of UOA the so called (brew) did improve my UOA results with slightly better wear metal numbers. Again, I use only 3-4 ounces at oil change, not the full pint. One of the VOA I believe may acutally be mine, at least I had one done and it indicated that EP was a huge viscosity improver, which may or may not be good.

Quote:

I have used it for years with the Lube Control 3 ounces of EP with 1 ounce of LC. Place 4 ounces in a oil at change interval. When I was doing a lot of UOA the so called (brew) did improve my UOA results with slightly better wear metal numbers. Again, I use only 3-4 ounces at oil change, not the full pint. One of the VOA I believe may acutally be mine, at least I had one done and it indicated that EP was a huge viscosity improver, which may or may not be good.

Yes, one of the VOA's was from you. Thanks for the reference point. I think the viscosity improvement is probably a good thing since it has improved mpg's. Will be getting a UOA done and see how the viscosity held up especially in my 3mzfe engine that loves to shear oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back