How many oils are too many ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to worry.
There are just two road registered vehicles in this household and yet this is what we currently either have in the workshop or are in use in the vehicles.

Engine oils
Delvac 1 5w-40
Fuchs Titan Ultralube 15w-40
Pennzoil LongLife 15w-40
NEO 0w-5

Gear oils
Castrol Multitrax 75w-90 GL5 mineral oil
Castrol LSD 85w-140 GL5 mineral oil
Castrol Syntrans 75w-85 GL4 synthetic
Castrol Syntrax 75w-90 GL5 LSD synthetic
Castrol SAF-XA 75w-140 GL5 LSD synthetic
Fuchs 75w-90 GL5 LSD mineral oil
NEO 7wt race oil synthetic
Redline MT-90

Grease
NEO Z-12
Castrol LMM
NEO CV-25
Loctite Anti-seize (copper)

Power steering fluid
Caltex/Texaco PAS 14315
Fuchs ATF

then there's 3 different coolants, a coolant additive, a fuel additive, 2 different bicycle hub lubes, 4 chain lubes, 3 different fork/shock oils, silicone bike grease, penetrating oil, 5 different refrigeration oils...and I'm not sure what I've missed.
shocked.gif

I think I need therapy

Rick.

[ June 05, 2004, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: tdi-rick ]

Rick,
I'd consider you sane, except you failed to mention any trace of Lee Liquid Alox bullet lube.

It's mighty handy on cast bullets, and also on the turn-stops on Hilux's.

quote:

Originally posted by tdi-rick:
I think I need therapy

This is therapy. Whenever you are stressed, go out and rearrange your oil bottles--or go to the store and add to the collection.

Always makes me feel great to bring home a load of motor oil. Just had to expand my shelf space for the last load.
grin.gif
freak2.gif

Say, what do you think of printing up some bumper stickers, "I'd Rather Be Changing My Oil"?

[ June 05, 2004, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: TallPaul ]

Shannow,
I've never cast bullets, and my hand loading phase was a long time ago, so does this mean I haven't totally lost it ?

There's some Break Free CLP that i forgot about, but I don't think I can count the Hoppes and Sweets as lubes.
grin.gif

Rick.

Rick,
You've not lost it.

Just forgot to ensure that you inventory was complete.

I can lend you a spare half gallon of Ed's Red !!

Hey Rick

Too many oils!

Can Emelda Marcos have to many shoes?

Can Edie Amin have to many friends over for dinner?

Can a Japaneses businessman say Hi thirty time a minute and still not mean it?

Of course you can't have many oils!!!

You're in good company ... and the only complaints you'll get from members here is that their favorite brands aren't represented ...

... like no Schaeffer oils ???
shocked.gif

Also, you forgot to post the numbers of quarts (or gallons) of each!

Geeeez ... what were you thinking??
rolleyes.gif

--- Bror Jace

tdi-rick,

Buy a couple of more cars and then it won't look like you have so much oil.

I like to overcomplicate things
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by SSDude:
Yes, you are insane. Every good collection should include GC or Redline.

I sometimes wonder if I should go out and purchase a quart of Redline, a quart of Amsoil and a few quarts of other different oils, just to add to my "collection"
smile.gif

I almost want to buy a 4L jug of Mobil 1 this weekend, since Canadian Tire has it on sale and every jug has a t-shirt shrink wrapped onto it too!
smile.gif

I find your selection diverse ..though lacking in some of the covetted icons of our fine distraction. Yes, you're touched by the sickness.

..but..

Do you have a shrine to display your collection? This is the key to your "wellness". Is it merely a stack of boxes and loose bottles ...or a dedicated stand alone RACK/display case all neet and tidy?

Give your collection what it deserves or you will only be considered a "poseur"
grin.gif

quote:

What, no 2-stroke lubes?

currently out.
dunno.gif

quote:

... like no Schaeffer oils ???

well, it isn't available here !
tongue.gif

quote:

Every good collection should include GC or Redline.

The Castrol SAF-XA was originally developed for the Sauber-Mercedes sportscar team in the late eighties/early nineties when they were dominating Sportscar racing and Le Mans. One of their drivers at the time was an M Schumacher. It definitely came from one of Castrols Euro labs, more than likely Germany, as does the Syntrans and Syntrax. It's bottled in Oz, so doesn't state country of origin.

There is some Redline MT 90 on the list. It's currently in the gearbox of the Nissan Patrol. R/L's engine oils are just waaaay too expensive here. Even more expensive than NEO.
Try A$29.00/quart (approx US$20.30)

quote:

Also, you forgot to post the numbers of quarts (or gallons) of each!

Now thats just getting anal !

quote:

Is Chevron available down under? If so, you need some Delo or Supreme in that collection

Caltex is the Chevron subsidiary here, and yep, Delo is available, although the depot is 80km/50miles away. Not that distance has stopped me buying anything before.

The NEO engine and gear oils are leftover from my racing days. The more suitable every day viscosities, like 10w-30, and 75w-90 were used up years ago. Every time I'm tempted to dispose of it, I just crack the lid and have a whiff. I've never found any engine oil to smell as good.
freak2.gif
gr_eek2.gif

Rick

---"Also, you forgot to post the numbers of quarts (or gallons) of each!"---

"Now thats just getting anal!"

Here at BITOG, we put the "anal" in oil analysis.
wink.gif

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:
---"Also, you forgot to post the numbers of quarts (or gallons) of each!"---

"Now thats just getting anal!"

Here at BITOG, we put the "anal" in oil analysis.
wink.gif

That should definitely be our motto on here Bror!!

cheers.gif
patriot.gif
fruit.gif

Oh yeah? Well I keep motor oil in my bedroom! (Live in an apartment). I should post photos. I had to find a special kind of girl to me with me, with garage stuff in the bedroom :-D
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Dominic:
Oh yeah? Well I keep motor oil in my bedroom! (Live in an apartment). I should post photos. I had to find a special kind of girl to me with me, with garage stuff in the bedroom :-D
patriot.gif

She sounds like a keeper Dominic!
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back