how many of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum reminds me of middle school girls with all their gay little fads. "Oh lets hate on RP this year, but next year.. yada yada"

RP is a good oil. 99% of you loons who hate on it have never used it and have no say on whether it is or is not a good oil. All of you who do so are ruining this Very website. A lot of people troll the forums in search of good information. This is nearly impossible with little school girls and their little moronic fads. Get over yourselves!!!

RP and Redline are both Very good oils based on their UOAs, ADD packs, base oils ect.

So please, for the sake of this forum. Yee who knoweth nothingth shouldth speakith even lesseth.

(pardon my old english)

translation: If you know jack squat about RP don't talk about it as if you do!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If price was no concern:

Redline for a race car

Amsoil for a diesel truck

Mobil 1 for a daily driver

RP for a show car...

...actually, if price was of no concern, I'd put Redline in everything.

Originally Posted By: peterdes
This forum reminds me of middle school girls with all their gay little fads. "Oh lets hate on RP this year, but next year.. yada yada"

RP is a good oil. 99% of you loons who hate on it have never used it and have no say on whether it is or is not a good oil. All of you who do so are ruining this Very website. A lot of people troll the forums in search of good information. This is nearly impossible with little school girls and their little moronic fads. Get over yourselves!!!

RP and Redline are both Very good oils based on their UOAs, ADD packs, base oils ect.

So please, for the sake of this forum. Yee who knoweth nothingth shouldth speakith even lesseth.

(pardon my old english)

translation: If you know jack squat about RP don't talk about it as if you do!!!

thumbsup2.gif
Well put.

Originally Posted By: Rabbler
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

In reality RP and Redline are 2 of the best oils on the market. Either one is a great choice. Both are top of the line premium oils.

I'm sorry...who's reality is that?
What color is the sky in that reality?
whistle.gif

"MY" reality where the sky is blue, with white clouds, just as everyone else's. I have run both oils so I can comment on both. I have run mainly RP for close to 20 years with nothing but excellent results in everything from daily drivers, to muscle cars, to weekend bracket racing drag engines. What is your reality? What is your experience with "USING" RP personally to question my comments?

Hearing someone on here say RP is bad for whatever lame arse reason they come up with this week does not make it true. So instead of questioning what I said, which is backed up by my own personal use of both oils( and lots of RP with ZERO problems EVER ), how about posting your obviously bad experience with RP. Show me the money so to speak or just be quiet if you haven't run it.
smirk2.gif

As the guy above said so well this little girl act by so many on here is absolutely ridiculous. IF you have actually used it, and had bad results( truthfully )as a few members have, then ok say you don't like it. I don't question that nor does anyone else that I have seen. But if you haven't used it for god sake shut your pie holes. How can you trash something you have never used?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rabbler

In reality RP and Redline are 2 of the best oils on the market. Either one is a great choice. Both are top of the line premium oils.

I'm sorry...who's reality is that?
What color is the sky in that reality?
whistle.gif

"MY" reality where the sky is blue, with white clouds, just as everyone else's. I have run both oils so I can comment on both. I have run mainly RP for close to 20 years with nothing but excellent results in everything from daily drivers, to muscle cars, to weekend bracket racing drag engines. What is your reality? What is your experience with "USING" RP personally to question my comments?

Hearing someone on here say RP is bad for whatever lame arse reason they come up with this week does not make it true. So instead of questioning what I said, which is backed up by my own personal use of both oils( and lots of RP with ZERO problems EVER ), how about posting your obviously bad experience with RP. Show me the money so to speak or just be quiet if you haven't run it.
smirk2.gif

As the guy above said so well this little girl act by so many on here is absolutely ridiculous. IF you have actually used it, and had bad results( truthfully )as a few members have, then ok say you don't like it. I don't question that nor does anyone else that I have seen. But if you haven't used it for god sake shut your pie holes. How can you trash something you have never used?

Very well put!

I personally tried out Royal Purple and didnt have any issues with it.

What I do have issues with though,is the idiots on this board that bash products without EVER even trying them in their own crankcase!! You have nothing to stand on,assumptions,or theory's dont fly.

If you've never tried an oil,whats to gain by bashing it??

Originally Posted By: DragRace

They get to feel better about their brand of choice? It makes them feel important and like a big man who knows what he is talking about? They do it to intenionally get a rise out of others?
21.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DragRace

They get to feel better about their brand of choice? It makes them feel important and like a big man who knows what he is talking about? They do it to intenionally get a rise out of others?
21.gif

You guys (RP guys) are catching up to us in the Mobil crowd now
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: peterdes

(pardon my old english)

^^That was AWESOME!!!! Very well put
10.gif

I've never used RP, so I can't really start bashing the oil. I used Red Line for a few track days, my Civic Si seemed to love the stuff.

IMHO, Motul beats both RP and RL...hehe

Last edited:
I used RP once...no different than the QTorquepower that I am running in my T4R that QS paid me a dollar for 5 quars at WM. I am pretty much a synthetic oil bargain hound and refuse to pay more than $3 for any quart of synthetic oil or $2 for dino. The only exception is my Harley air cooled engine where I run Redline 20w50 that I got for $4/qt. But right now am running LAT 20w50 that I got for $2.33/qt. There are so many oil closeouts why would anyone pay more than $3.

Napa is selling their syn oil for $2.99 right now.

Last edited:
liking Red Line does not mean automatically hatred towards RP...i for one have not ever said that RP is a bad oil....just liked Red Line better over RP...can I not do that...can I not say that? that i personally liked so and so oil....for whatever that reason may be...especially when asked? I do not beleive RP to be a bad oil just how i do not believe Shell Rotella T to be a bad oil! I prefer other oils and I have my reason when asked I share them!

RP warriors need to take a chill pill and go after those who promote false info....

i think people have the right to speak their mind here on the forums....if someone says he likes Castrol does it mean he hates Mobil 1 and goes around bashing Mobil 1? NO IT DOES NOT!

IMHO: Some of THE BESTS OILS out there!
Mobil 1 EP & ESP - Amsoil - Red Line - Castrol Edge

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
liking Red Line does not mean automatically hatred towards RP...i for one have not ever said that RP is a bad oil....just liked Red Line better over RP...can I not do that...can I not say that? that i personally liked so and so oil....for whatever that reason may be...especially when asked? I do not beleive RP to be a bad oil just how i do not believe Shell Rotella T to be a bad oil! I prefer other oils and I have my reason when asked I share them!

RP warriors need to take a chill pill and go after those who promote false info....

i think people have the right to speak their mind here on the forums....if someone says he likes Castrol does it mean he hates Mobil 1 and goes around bashing Mobil 1? NO IT DOES NOT!

IMHO: Some of THE BESTS OILS out there!
Mobil 1 EP & ESP - Amsoil - Red Line - Castrol Edge

No one was commenting about you liking Redline. People have every right to post what oils they like over those they don't. Just keep it reasonable, backed up by some actual personal experience not just going along with the crowd, and leave the bull puckey out of it.

Our comments were directed at RP bashing in general which is very popular here by so many who have never even used it as well as a specific poster, quoted by me, in this thread that was called out as well. Go back and check again, reading the posts in this thread, and you will see it had nothing to do with someone simply preferring RL to RP. It is about the ridiculous RP bashing that has to happen in any thread in which it comes up.

You are taking offense to posts not directed towards you. Nowhere did I or anyone else say you couldn't like RL over RP.
21.gif
However, since you decided to post again and bring all this up let me then ask you this. You made this post originally...

Quote:
I am a Mobil 1 EP & Valvoline Synpower guy

I also believe these oils can go head to head with Amsoil

but between RP and RL...

choice has never been more clear

RED LINE - HANDS WAY WAY DOWN!

Please tell me how you came to that conclusion? Please explain to me your actual hands on experience using RL & RP that leads you to say the choice is clear that RL hands down is better than RP? You say you use M1 & Synpower but then go on to say between RL & RP it is clear RL is better. Have you ever used RP? If not then frankly you are part of the problem we discussed. If you have never used RP, or RL, then you should not be commenting on them. Certainly if you have never used RP you should not be saying other brands are hands down better.
21.gif
If you have used them then please tell us what makes you feel that way.

Last edited:
I don't have anything against RP except for some of the retailer price gouging that goes on at the race shops. I can't extend drains too far with it in everyday vehicles and when I ran it in my Corvette it didn't do anything different than any other OTC synthetic oil had previously. All and all my engine didn't blow up and I guess it was purple in color so that was cool. When I drained it 4,000 miles later it had lost it's purple edge and was as dark as every other fill that I had ever drained- sigh.

Originally Posted By: pickled
I don't have anything against RP except for some of the retailer price gouging that goes on at the race shops. I can't extend drains too far with it in everyday vehicles and when I ran it in my Corvette it didn't do anything different than any other OTC synthetic oil had previously. All and all my engine didn't blow up and I guess it was purple in color so that was cool. When I drained it 4,000 miles later it had lost it's purple edge and was as dark as every other fill that I had ever drained- sigh.

The dye is burned off withing a few hundred miles at most. I agree that pricing at a retail level for RP has grown out of hand. Thankfully I have a local source where I can get it for approx the same as the name brand stuff from Wal-Mart.

Thankfully I have a local source where I can get it for approx the same as the name brand stuff from Wal-Mart.

Same here. I get it at dealer cost
11.gif

Thk u 4 clearing up dat ur earlier posts were not directed towards me. NHEMI, I am aware of RP bashing & BITOG is not da only forum where such a thing has happened, just google it, you will find many forums where bashing has occurred.

I have stated my opinion & I do not believe that @ our BITOG forums Members have 2 have a "Letter of Approval" from a Phd 2 back up their preferences every time they chose 2 share an opinion with fellow members.

I do not know what kind of mood u r in when u r browsing through BITOG forums but I am always in jolly good mood. I have used expression such as "Hands Down" or "Hands Up" various times over the forums to express my opinion whenever a member inquires.

I never got challenged 4 having certain preferences, i have said in other posts whenever someone inquired that I prefer Synpower over Platinum in da similar fashion just how I did it here.

Yes, I have used RP engine oil.

-It is Way Expensive
-Not Easily & Widely Available
-Technical Data not very impressive as compared to RL or Motul
-The superior driving feel experience with this oil did not lasted through out the 15K OCI.
-At oil change, oil felt waxy!

Most of these reasons are very subjective hence I was avoiding to share them and I have hoped that you did not had forced me to do it.

Do i consider it is a bad oil? NO!
certainly cost prohibitive unless I can find it at 8 or 9 bux a litre...its more like $15

I have never condone RP Bashing
I have never encouraged RP Bashing
I have never participated in RP Bashing

I have never said RP is a bad product
I have never stopped anyone ever from using RP products
Nor I have ever tried to persuade a RP user to change

This was not the case with RL & I have not used Motul personally!

I am sure there are lot of members here who use RP and hats off too them...

NHHEMI, respect the choice of BITOG Members who do not prefer RP.

Thank You!

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
Thk u 4 clearing up dat ur earlier posts were not directed towards me. NHEMI, I am aware of RP bashing & BITOG is not da only forum where such a thing has happened, just google it, you will find many forums where bashing has occurred.

I have stated my opinion & I do not believe that @ our BITOG forums Members have 2 have a "Letter of Approval" from a Phd 2 back up their preferences every time they chose 2 share an opinion with fellow members.

I do not know what kind of mood u r in when u r browsing through BITOG forums but I am always in jolly good mood. I have used expression such as "Hands Down" or "Hands Up" various times over the forums to express my opinion whenever a member inquires.

I never got challenged 4 having certain preferences, i have said in other posts whenever someone inquired that I prefer Synpower over Platinum in da similar fashion just how I did it here.

Yes, I have used RP engine oil.

-It is Way Expensive
-Not Easily & Widely Available
-Technical Data not very impressive as compared to RL or Motul
-The superior driving feel experience with this oil did not lasted through out the 15K OCI.
-At oil change, oil felt waxy!

Most of these reasons are very subjective hence I was avoiding to share them and I have hoped that you did not had forced me to do it.

Do i consider it is a bad oil? NO!
certainly cost prohibitive unless I can find it at 8 or 9 bux a litre...its more like $15

I have never condone RP Bashing
I have never encouraged RP Bashing
I have never participated in RP Bashing

I have never said RP is a bad product
I have never stopped anyone ever from using RP products
Nor I have ever tried to persuade a RP user to change

This was not the case with RL & I have not used Motul personally!

I am sure there are lot of members here who use RP and hats off too them...

NHHEMI, respect the choice of BITOG Members who do not prefer RP.

Thank You!

I always respect others opinions. Especially when they have something to actually back it up. Bashing a product you never used however is not something that deserves respect and is something that deserves to be questioned. Especially when someone is asking for info on the product and the non users jump in claiming it is junk.

When you post in great big huge capital letters stating oil A is way hands down better than oil B, when another member asks about the two oils and which they should use, at least you should be prepared to explain why when asked in a civil manner as I did. Kind of the point of this forum. That is a pretty aggressive statement and when made in the manner you made it can imply many things to those reading your response. Your response came across as if RP was horrendous. Now you can feel that way if you have used it no question but again I say post like that, with no clarification as to why, and someone may ask why like I did. All I did was ask why not that you post a scientific paper as to why.
grin2.gif

To be clear I have never gone after someone for preferring/recommending a brand other than RP. I actually recommend oils other than RP all the time depending on the situation and what the OP asks about. I use other oils besides RP as well. What riles me up and causes me to call someone out is the ridiculous RP bashing by those who never use it by their own admission.

Last edited:
Have tried all of the following in my old Bimmer in 20w50 (except M1, which was 15w50):

1. Redline - best oil period IMO, but haven't tried Motul or RLI
2. Amsoil, best long drain oil, otherwise similar to RP and M1
3. RP - as good as Amsoil for 4. M1 - still be best oil in 50wt for the $$$

With the price of RP (over $8 at WM), I see absolutely no reason to use it over Redline (around $9/qt at local NAPA).

RP is a very good oil, but I personally feel that it is not worth more than $6/qt

Well ....

I used XL,ASL,SSO,PP,RP,Castrol GTX, Petro Canada,

And I love all of them :)

Yes RP is great product !

Some of the people that are saying is bad probably never used it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back