How many of you use streaming content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tmorris1
Not sure what that was, but I am guessing that was supposed to be a burned in image on an LCD.
It should not be permanent and will probably go away. You should not burnin an LCD with normal use.

You can see Degree Men over by the sticker on top left along with some other stuff on the bottom.

Plasma and LCD are 2 different technologies. They don't work the same.

No way!

Originally Posted By: CivicFan

No way!

That was in response to your anti-retention tool. I have used everything from cheap to expensive high quality LCDs and have never seen burn-in yet, so I don't think it is that prevalent except under odd circumstances.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan

No way!

That was in response to your anti-retention tool. I have used everything from cheap to expensive high quality LCDs and have never seen burn-in yet, so I don't think it is that prevalent except under odd circumstances.

This topic made me pay attention to the ATM machines that have LCD screens to see if there is an image burn-in. There was none. In the old days, the CRT screens would have severe burnt-in images.

So I think you are right and the OP need not be concerned too much.

I have 2 high end Samsung TVs and several LCD computer monitors ranging from cheap off brand to name brand and have never had one burn in yet. I have watched many 4:3 movies and no burn in. It is really nothing to worry about anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back