How many of you go 7500 miles on conventional oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best friend went 40k miles on her Civic Si one time...she drives a Corolla now.
33.gif

My aunt went 30K KM (18,750 Miles) on her Sunfire accidentally and it survived and is still running today! Was GM Goodwrench oil and no-name filter.

shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: RacerE7773
I go with 3month/3000 mile. I've gone 4000 before, but am in the habit of 3 or 3000.

Well if we cant break you of that habit than no one can.

For me 6 months usually between 13,500 and 17,500 oil either 0w30 amsoil or 0-20, lots of highway on a F150 EAO filter been doing for 9 years. I once took the old 0-30 version up to 30,000 with 2 filter changes on a 4.6 motor never a problem. Mom and dads get close the 12 month treatment usually between 10,000 to 13,000 with more city miles no problems.

The OCI's of '94 LS400 is 6mo/7-8k with conventional or 12mo/10-14k with synthetic. Most of the time it falls on time. I like to change oil May and/or Nov. I know winter in So Cal is mild and summer isn't too hot either, but I like fresh oil at beginning of the cooler or warmer season.

2004 Honda S2000 is driven very few miles a year, so that it has 6mo with conventional and/or 12mo with synthetic.

2000 E430 was changed according to FSS, usually about 11-13 months. I'm going to change it out a little earlier because I have so much oil, some as old as 6-7 years.

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
I go with 3month/3000 mile. I've gone 4000 before, but am in the habit of 3 or 3000.

I grew up in a mechanic family. 3 mo or 3000 miles, ALWAYS! My truck has 220,000 miles. Recently had it semi-apart to replace a gasket, engine is clean as a whistle on conventional. It really pays of. Since it was sludge free, I have switched to Super Tech synthetic and I still change every 3000 miles.

Originally Posted By: 360kid

I grew up in a mechanic family. 3 mo or 3000 miles, ALWAYS! My truck has 220,000 miles. Recently had it semi-apart to replace a gasket, engine is clean as a whistle on conventional. It really pays of. Since it was sludge free, I have switched to Super Tech synthetic and I still change every 3000 miles.

So?

I change my conventional oil every 7500 miles and I don't have any sludge.

I have had good results running RL 5w-30 to about 8K in my Tacoma and Amsoil SSO to about 8.5K in my cmary with a EaO. The 4.0 in my tacoma looks brand new inside. RL is keeping it pretty clean. Someday I might actually get my moneys worth out of both of these oils by running them out a bit further.

Last edited:
MINE LOOKS BRAND NEW TOO and I feel I got my moneys worth the last ten years!

i have never ran 7500 on dino, just cant bring myself to do it...6k max

The Malibu's manual says to change every 7,500 for highway driving...and I might just do that this time. I've got some Valvoline conventional in there..wonder how well it will do?

95% of my trips are 35 miles each way, 60mph or so the whole time. Normally I'd change this stuff out around 5k.

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
My uncle goes 7500 on Penz YB in his Chrysler Concorde. Did it in his previous Concorde and the Skylark before that. All short-trip driving. It makes me cringe.

is that the sludger 2.7L V6?

3.3L great motor, almost bulletproof. had a '91 voyager minivan with it and if it weren't for the transmission that vehicle would have lasted forever. probably no harm done w/ 7500mi oci's on dino w/ that engine.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: 360kid

So?

I change my conventional oil every 7500 miles and I don't have any sludge.

No offense, but if I'm looking at buying your used car down the road, and I found out you only changed your oil every 7500 miles, I'd walk away.

My excuse in general is my lack of confidence in the manufacturers real agenda when advertising 7500 miles OCI's with conventional oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back