How many miles before I have an analysis done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 96 GMC K2500 5.7L with 260K miles. I wanted to have an analysis done just to see what's happening. I don't plan on frequent samples, unless there is an issue. Just curious. Really hoping to get to 300K
grin.gif

I had the oil changed while traveling in New Mexico and had them put in Delo synthetic HDMO 5W-40. I made the 400 mile trip back home, and now have about 1500 miles on the oil. Should I wait to sample until I get closer to 3k, or 5k miles? Or should I sample sooner?

Thanks for your input.
Chris

Thanks.
I got the truck from an electric service company, fleet vehicle. Did frequent OCI'S at 2k mi for 3 oil changes,(to clean it up a bit) and now run about 5k OCI. Ran PCMO initially, then switched to HDMO @ 5k OCI's

I'll check it at 5k.

Thanks again.

Sent from my mobile device

depends what you want to find out from your uoa. If you want to do extended oil changes then 5 or 6k. If you think you might have a problem maybe 2-3k. I would run a 5w30 in that beast. 90 1500 had 5w30 for all its life and worked awesome. even with 3 teens learing to drive on it
smile.gif

Having gone 260K, what makes you think you won't make the next 40K? I'd say continue doing what you have been doing, it's obviously working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back