How many know about AAA's 1 tow per breakdown policy?

You guys that have AAA will they let you choose/call who ever you want and then reimburse you? It's the only way I'll do it, to many shady tow services around here, there are only 2 I would ever use.
Good question.

I called and asked and they said you can tell them who you don't want to come.

They did say you will have to always tell them whenever you request a tow as it's not information that will be saved to your account.

Edit

My mistake, I didn't answer your question right. I called them back and asked and they said you can't request a tow like that. The only way to get a covered tow is to get it through calling them.

Last edited:
I will say that AAA service (at least around me,) presents nowhere near the quality of service that they did years ago.
However, how many entities do?
There was someone on here who didn't like Toyota's roadside assistance changing a tire.

They're contractors, and you get what you get. Like Uber/Lyft, the contractors probably cover for more than one organization simultaneously, but it's the same people. Toyota could release the guy from the contract, but then there'd be a hole in their coverage, and an hour wait, and people complaining about that. There has to be a replacement when you fire someone, or you lower your standards.

"I heard" the drivers get woken up out of bed for a winch-out or whatever, have to be on call sober 24/7, and get paid $30 per call.

Good question.

I called and asked and they said you can tell them who you don't want to come.

They did say you will have to always tell them whenever you request a tow as it's not information that will be saved to your account.

Edit

My mistake, I didn't answer your question right. I called them back and asked and they said you can't request a tow like that. The only way to get a covered tow is to get it through calling them.
At least you can tell them no if you don't like the company. Progressive has a separate site just for this.

I have always heard there are some highways AAA can not tow off of; the agency designated by State Police or whatever agency or Authority is running that part of road has to tow it.

Probably $250+ hook up fee and at least $50 per day, don't even want to know the Per mile...
Right, I've heard the same on the Massachusetts turnpike. But AAA will reimburse you for the tow up to some amount so it's not that bad.

Back