How many have an older car with less miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les

...than the one I just bought from one of my mother's friends? It is a 1991 one owner Ford Taurus with 20180 miles on it.

Now I need to decide what oil to put in its 3.0L V6.

Les

Hey my mom has a 1999 Buick Park Avenue with 7,200 miles. She gets an oil change and detail every 6 months. So at that rate she should have about 19,000 miles and 26 oil changes by 2012.

I have a 1979 camaro (for the moment.....currently stripping it for parts), that only has 68000 miles on it. I bought it from the original owner. They blew the tranny and parked it for many years. I poured some fresh gas in it, topped off the oil, and cranked it......ten seconds later, she fired up.
grin.gif
After the old gas was ran out of it, it ran great.

1980 Triumph Spitfire with 33,000Km (20,000Mi). It is so origional, it still has the factory air in the tires. Driven about 800Km (500Mi) per year it recieves an annual synthetic oil change at the end of each season when it is put away for winter storage. As expected, the engine internals are completely clean without a hint of varnish. Currently running Mobil 1 with a Crosland (British made) filter.
grin.gif

When my grandfather died in '99, his '88 Dodge Spirit had 16k on it. We gave it to his sister to replace her ailing Hyundai. She died in '02, the car had 18k. Now her grandson and his wife have it, they will kill it for sure - they're seminary students.
crushedcar.gif

1982 Cadillac Eldorado,Alpine Edition, Global Coach Convertible Conversion, with 7227 original miles since new in Oct 1982. Bought new and mostly driven in parades, with one trip from Florida when new, and then a trip to the West Coast and back.
All white with a white top, red interior and all the accessories available for a 1982 plus it has a Continental Kit with a Rolls-Royce style grille.

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4194793307&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2Fsraid97%2Fpd7307265686fe2b2befe9a936fcff5f4%2Ffa07775b.jpg&ca ption=Image005.jpg

cheers.gif

[ January 08, 2004, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
My truck does have 1,200,000 on it, but it is a 77.

What brand and model and how many engines? That is a lot of miles!!!!! How is the body doing?

It's been a long day. Would you believe 120,000? Zeros are worth nothing, so I stuck in an extra one? It is a Chevy LUV still on its first engine. As for the body, I hate to say how much fiberglass and welding rod it has taken. Rust is one place where America got the jump on the rest. I haven't seen another LUV in years, but there are still many 70's American trucks on the road.

When I got it 1 1/2 years ago, my '88 Jeep Cherokee had 38,500 on the odometer. Literally driven by grandpa to church on Sundays in recent years.

Of course, its a daily driver now, with over 55,000 on it (still pretty low for an '88!)

My 1985 Mustang LX 5.0 has around 14000 original miles on it right now. It had 7500 miles on it when I bought it 2 years ago.

It stayed in a climate controlled basement and had never seen rain or snow.

I'm running 5W40 M1 Delvac in it. Change it once a year.

There is a 99 Corvette convertible for sale in our Auto Trader up here with just 173km on it (107 miles) and he's asking $60,000 CDN for it. It was never titled. The guy will have a hard time getting that much $$$ for it though, since a no option 2004 Corvette coupe can be found for $62,000, or a no option 2004 convertible for $68,000.

quote:

Originally posted by Judd:
My 1985 Mustang LX 5.0 has around 14000 original miles on it right now. It had 7500 miles on it when I bought it 2 years ago.

cool.gif
I guess you know that's a rare one then. Much less common than the GT's. I bought a new Mustang LX in '85 but had to settle for a 4 cyl because I couldn't afford the insurance for a 5.0.
banghead.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
All white with a white top, red interior and all the accessories available for a 1982 plus it has a Continental Kit with a Rolls-Royce style grille.

cool.gif
Pimpin' in style!
cheers.gif

[ January 04, 2004, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: JohnnyO ]

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
JohnnyO,
No, I don't have a fedora.

cool.gif
White shoes and belt?
lol.gif

cool.gif
Another question, which doesn't apply to me, but if you had a vehicle you stored for winter would it be better to change the oil before you put it away and drive it all the next season or put it away with this year's oil and change it out in the spring? Yeah, yeah, most of us would probably do both, I know.
wink.gif

[ January 08, 2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: JohnnyO ]

Johnny, you are much better off changing the oil before you put a car away for winter storage. If there are too many acids in the oil and the engine is sitting all that length of time, it can cause problems.

If someone is only going to do one oil change per year on a car that is winter stored, do it in the fall.

There is no need to change the oil again in spring though, it'll be almost as good as new. Just don't go starting the engine during winter storage time, leave it alone until it's time to bring it out in the spring (or if you have the opportunity to take it out on a nice long drive on dry roads during the winter, do it)

I have a 2000 Excursion diesel with 15k miles.

Back in 1979 I had a neighbor who had a 63 split window corvette with 160 miles on it. That was about 10 miles a year. He trailered it to car shows and most of the mileage was driving it on and off the trailer. He had other vettes for his daily drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back