How many Fiat 500s are you seeing in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero, nada here in northwestern NJ. I don't know of any dealer within 25 miles. In my immediate area we have Mercedes, BMW, Subaru, Toyota, Chevy/Caddy, Ford, VW/Porsche/Audi, Honda & Dodge/Jeep. We lost our Kia/GMC/Mitsu dealer. I live in what's considered rural NJ. I'm not even sure Mini's are sold at the BMW dealer, though a co-worker has one.

Whimsey

The 500 is at least 500 lbs too heavy, and $5,000 too much.
What is the point of a tiny car that costs way too much and is SO heavy for it's size?
It doesn't do anything special.

The nearest dealer for us is Northshore Mass about 45 mins south. I have seen maybe 1 or 2 around my area the Seacoast of NH. Down around Boston I have seen more.

However around here I barely see the Ford Fiesta either. The FIT seems to rule but has been out for a while.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
What is the point of a tiny car that costs way too much and is SO heavy for it's size?

Clearly you are just running off on the numbers that come from various online sources, and you yourself have never actually sat in one, let alone actually driven one.

When you actually sit in one, touch it, and compare it apples to apples against its same size competition with the same features installed, you will learn that the price is the same, if not lower, and the quality and driving experience are so much higher than its competition, that you might feel differently about the vehicle.

Until you actually look at the car, you are more than welcome to keep thinking these type of thoughts, however.

Plus, how many of its competition of the same size offer in 4 years, 50k warranty, 3 years 36k free maintenance (includes ALL maintenance parts, brake pads and rotors, oil, air filter, and even a clutch should you kill it), and 4 years unlimited miles roadside assistance?

Huge amount of value for the money.
And it does quite a lot that the competition doesn't do when you drive it.

BC.

I see a FIAT 500 everyday. I see JLo driving one and then starts dancing in the street like a woman possessed.

And actually seen one today how amusing after I said I never had yesterday. That 500 is probably 1/2 to 3/4 what my Festiva is and defianetly half of the Aspire. Hate to say I wouldn't drive one.

I've seen a couple on the road around here.
There is a dealer centrally located within this general market area
IIRC, they were offering a special deal at introduction, with an inexpensive package that included the huge cloth sunroof.
A cute lttle car and a worthwhile addition to the market.
I'd buy one over a Mini in a heartbeat, and the Fiat could hardly be less reliable than the Mini.

I haven't seen any, but that's not surprising since I live in DuPage County IL where big SUVs rule the roads (and when I travel, its usually to rural areas where imports are not as common).

I've seen lots of Fiat billboards though.

I saw one. Then again it might have been a visitor. Certainly the nearest dealership is a long ways away.

I've seen a number with dealer tags since I live relatively close to the former Saturn turned used car and Fiat dealer.

I think I've seen ONE that's a private owner car.

This same dealership family turned their Creve Coeur Saturn store to a Fiat store as well, so we'll see how they do.

Fiat used to mean F (fix) I (it) A (again) T (Tony)

What's the Warranty like?

p.s. Dad had a Simca (French) Hatchback in the late '60's. Had Michelin radials, disk brakes, front wheel drive, got almost 40 mpg and handled like a go-kart. This is before the rabbit came along.

Was a part of Chrysler's investment in European car companies and had a 5/50K warranty as well, as I recall. My brother-in-law ended up with it in Rochester, NY. He used to tell tales of his being virtually the only car in Kodak's parking lot when there was a really heavy snowfall. It was really lightweight, maybe 1800 lbs. dry, or so.

He finally had to junk it because of two factors: rust (you can about guess how much salt they put on the roads in Rochester, NY back then), and the almost complete lack of any parts support at the dealerships (with almost no aftermarket parts to speak of besides plugs). He couldn't even get brake pads!

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: mechtech2

Clearly you are just running off on the numbers that come from various online sources, and you yourself have never actually sat in one, let alone actually driven one.

When you actually sit in one, touch it, and compare it apples to apples against its same size competition with the same features installed, you will learn that the price is the same, if not lower, and the quality and driving experience are so much higher than its competition, that you might feel differently about the vehicle.

Until you actually look at the car, you are more than welcome to keep thinking these type of thoughts, however.

Plus, how many of its competition of the same size offer in 4 years, 50k warranty, 3 years 36k free maintenance (includes ALL maintenance parts, brake pads and rotors, oil, air filter, and even a clutch should you kill it), and 4 years unlimited miles roadside assistance?

Huge amount of value for the money.
And it does quite a lot that the competition doesn't do when you drive it.

BC.

No, you are wrong. Why tell a complete stranger what he has done or seen??
I went over the car with the representative at Navy Pier at a Fiat presentation.
VERY unimpressed after examining it and talking to the rep.
At least I got free Fiat sunglasses!

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

So in other words, its got farfvegnugen, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back