How many beers for oil change??

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 Civic SI -Amsoil SSO 0w-30 - A01 filter - 6 pack
1994 Toyota Pickup 3.0 - Amsoil SSO 10w-30 - Wix filter - 6 pack

I have a TV in the garage...

Last edited:
So what's the equation for beers per hour?
Let's say a brake job is 3 hours book time, is that a 6 beer job or???

The amount of beer consumed is equal to the perceived difficulty of the task times the heat of the day divided by the tolerance of the significant other. The random element is neighbor visitation for either chat time or assistance.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
The amount of beer consumed is equal to the perceived difficulty of the task times the heat of the day divided by the tolerance of the significant other. The random element is neighbor visitation for either chat time or assistance.

I tend to agree with this. However I change my oil on the street so its a bit risky lol..cant wait to get my oil changed. Need to burn through this tank that has CRC emissions formula in it before I change it. Thinking the amount of beer will depend how long I let the oil drain for
wink.gif

Only two, maybe three if I'm really taking my time and talking to my wife while I'm doing the change.
The quality of work performed is inversely proportional to the amount of beer consumed and there is a positive correlation between beers consumed and the amount of damage done.
IOW, lots of beer is always detrimental to the sucessful completion of any task, while a couple might make the task more enjoyable.
So, if you want no filter leaks, forgotten drain plug gaskets or big mess on the ground, drink less beer.
If you already have one or all of the above, a few more beers might help you get over the extra work you'll need to do.
A little cussing never hurts either.

We have a beer in Canada called La Fin Du Monde.
9% alcohol/750 ml bottles.

The only problem is remebbbberin ta put da oil plug
bakin beee4 pourn the oilin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: used_0il
We have a beer in Canada called La Fin Du Monde.
9% alcohol/750 ml bottles.

The only problem is remebbbberin ta put da oil plug
bakin beee4 pourn the oilin.

crackmeup2.gif
01.gif

Two-to-three. I have to cap it as I have a cartridge filter. If I'm changing oil on my parents cars as well, a six pack is in order
smile.gif

Six by my count:
One: deciding which oil/filter combo to use
Two: Getting car on stands, blocking wheels, tuning to favorite music/sports/radio station.
Three: Draining old oil and removing filter
Four: Replacing drain plug, washer and new filter
Five: Pouring in new oil (my favorite)
Six: Run engine, check for leaks, lower car, cleanup, check dipstick

Last edited:
There is also Quebecois Maudit beer:

http://www.unibroue.com/en/beers/17/product

Maudite (translated...dam ned) was the first strong beer to be retailed in Quebec. The word “Maudite” refers here to the Legend of “Chasse-Galerie” a tribute to the early lumberjacks of Nouvelle-France. The legend tells of eight daring woodsmen who, during winter, yearned to be home for the Holidays. They conjured up the Devil and all of them pledged their soul in return for flying them in their canoe to their village. As they sailed across the moonlit sky, one of them managed to free himself from the pledge by invoking the name of God, which caused the flying canoe to come crashing down to earth.

...its only 8% alcohol though...the actual label has the flying canoe with the devil underneath..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tuffy1760
2001 pt cruiser... Next gen syn... puro filter... 5 beers...
2008 chevy aveo... PZ ultra... driveworks filter... 3 beers...

PU with a drive works filter? Mish mash of goodness with mere adequacy?

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: Tuffy1760
2001 pt cruiser... Next gen syn... puro filter... 5 beers...
2008 chevy aveo... PZ ultra... driveworks filter... 3 beers...

PU with a drive works filter? Mish mash of goodness with mere adequacy?
Maybe 3 beers was too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back