How Long Will You Live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with my less than pristine lifestyle and risk factors ...I appear to fall just under the average. That says 72 (isn't 77.x the average LE?).

Now what condition I'm in when I get to my "event horizon" is another story. I think it's all in the genes. I had a buddie that had angioplasty before the age of 50. Abnormally high colesterol ran in his family. Altering that propensity for clogging arteries will probably give him a grand old age.

77 for me. But I'll probably be in Depends and have a permanent drool cup by then.
grin.gif

smile.gif

I get 4 extra years just for being female. 'Bout time those 2 X chromosomes were good for something.

I did the test for my dad. Dad came up with 106. He'll be 92 in August.

Oh wow! I just ran the test for Mom, who is 'only' 76 and as soon as I put in "female" her life expectancy shot up to 90.

Yup, it sure is nice being a girl.
grin.gif

I know I have made life's most important decision and have eternal life in heaven locked up! None of our oils will last that long. What's a grease monkey to do?

Wow, maybe 91. Need to hoard up on thousands of gallons of oil and sell this good stuff back as collector stash and let the oil pay for my retirement as the oil companys pay for theres.
fruit.gif

OMG! There's a girl on this forum?

Suck in those guts guys and clean up that language.

BTW, mine's 74 since I'm packing a tire.

According to scientists, humans living up to a ripe old age of 70+ is abnormal in the natural order. Many wild animals die of a parasitic infections long before they reach old age. The viruses, bacteria, fungus and even parasitic insects take their toll on them and they die. Cancer is almost unheard of.

Working backwards to humans in the Stone Age long before medicine or any sanitary living condition existed, a life expectancy of 37 years is expected. Females by that age would have born 3 children. Usually in succession. She would most likely be holding the hand of a child, carrying one with one arm and pregnant with the next. After this child, she will most likely die. Males are nothing but a cheap source of sperm.

Nature only cares about whether you reproduced passing your genes on. Once you did that, your job is done and Nature just disposes of you through disease or predators.

Things have changed a lot since then. We have advanced technologically and fight Mother Nature refusing to accept her BS. We improved living conditions, got medical to help us and even have the power to repair some body parts. The result is a longer lifespan with new problems the Stone Age man didn't encounter. Cancer, arthritis, failing vision and all those geriatric problems. Our biological over-engineering has begun to show itself which wasn't tested before.

In conclusion, if anyone wants you to live life the way it was hunting animals, gathering nuts and berries and foregoing all the living conveniences we got, tell them the truth that Mother Nature actually wants them dead when they 37.

quote:

Originally posted by genie47:
According to scientists, humans living up to a ripe old age of 70+ is abnormal in the natural order.

That must have been the same ones that allegedly said bumble bees couldn't fly.
grin.gif

Some people living in sanitary conditions with a good diet have been living to 70+ for hundreds of years.

95 for me.

Had a Greatgrandfather who lived to 98, but then again, he had a nip of JD everyday so I guess he could have lived to 110 without the nip, or 120 with two nips?

Addendum: I think there are more factors such as positive attitude and doing challenging things have an influence as well.

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
77 for me. But I'll probably be in Depends and have a permanent drool cup by then.
grin.gif

Only one more significant change, eh?
grin.gif

No, probably two. You forgot the significantly increased obnoxiousness of my posts.
grin.gif

[ July 18, 2005, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: 427Z06 ]

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:

quote:

Originally posted by genie47:
According to scientists, humans living up to a ripe old age of 70+ is abnormal in the natural order.

That must have been the same ones that allegedly said bumble bees couldn't fly.
grin.gif

Some people living in sanitary conditions with a good diet have been living to 70+ for hundreds of years.

Yep! As hunter gatherers, our chances are slim but once we started to settle down growing crops things improved a lot. Civilization extends human life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back