How long on QHP or QTP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I now have enough of this oil on hand for the next few changes I'm wondering how long to run it. This will be used in an 06 Jeep Liberty 50/50 Hwy/City. I will be using a high quality filter such as Wix or a Pure One. I know a UOA is the only sure way to find out, but I'm just not going to bother with it.

Last edited:
I would probably go 7500 miles since half those miles will be extreme condition(city driving). What does your manual say?

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
The detergent additives seem low on the Q synthetics, and it's a fairly inexpensive oil, so I'd probably do 6,000.

+1 No sense in pushing it further than this, esp with the city driving you'll be doing.

6k miles isn't too bad considering the price. After I use up my stash I'd really like to start using an oil that I can go 7.5k miles on with confidence. I really don't want to change oil so much. I have a lot of other things to keep up with.

You can do all these intervals suggested (4-6k, 7.5k) on regular dino, and save yourself some money. There's no point in buying a synthetic unless you are going to run and extended OCI on it.

Oh, wait, wasting money is our second favourite hobby on here, after talking about oil. Sorry, I forgot!

:p

I go 5000 miles on all my vehicles. If you got the Qsyn at the Walmart closeout who cares? Plus you know that changing at 5000 you aren't hitting the wall on the add pack no matter what the driving style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back