How long OCI on Trop-Artic blend???

Status
Not open for further replies.
just how stout is this oil? I believe it is 30% GP-III right? and a decent amount of ZDDP. is it a 7500k oil or is 5k the limit with no OLM to cover you?

I suspect most folks would tell you that the T-A blend is the same, or nearly so, as ConocoPhillips Motorcraft blend which many consider the 'gold standard'.

Since Ford recommends OCIs of 7500 miles for normal service, I see no issues with T-A at the same intervals.

Trop Artic Blend is rebanged Motorcraft blend or Kendall blend, which are great oil's for the price. OCI should be no more than 7500 MI.

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
Trop Artic Blend is rebanged Motorcraft blend or Kendall blend, which are great oil's for the price. OCI should be no more than 7500 MI.

and how do you tell that to a GM OLM calibrated for dino that goes to 10k???

Last edited:
If an engine can do 10k on dino it can do 10k on Motorcraft semi. You can't ignore what you're putting the oil into. Hopefully people were assuming the vehicles in your signature.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
If an engine can do 10k on dino it can do 10k on Motorcraft semi. You can't ignore what you're putting the oil into. Hopefully people were assuming the vehicles in your signature.

Ignore sig for now, I was thinking of the wife's late model GM car...but also in general too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back