How Long is Pennzoil Good For?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a 5 qt jug of Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic 5-30 and I may get another one on sale. I plan to change my oil in December of every year. So, if I have 10 qts, that will last me over 3 OCIs. will it still be OK to use in Dec. 2011?

Will it be OK if I open the 5 qt jug to use 3 qts, put the cap on, and save the other 2 qts for a 1 year later OCI?

not only that, but I know there's plenty of BITOG'ers that have HUGE stashes of oil... multi-year supply. I generally have between 10-20 cases of oil "in stock". friends and neighbors always laugh.... it's an illness.... if we see it on sale, we must buy!

To insure that none of the additives have settled, I would shake up the container you are splitting for about 2-3 minutes before the two times you use it: now and next year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tomcat27
not only that, but I know there's plenty of BITOG'ers that have HUGE stashes of oil... multi-year supply. I generally have between 10-20 cases of oil "in stock". friends and neighbors always laugh.... it's an illness.... if we see it on sale, we must buy!

I think some of these guys could open their own oil change business with all t this stock. I found 2 five qt jugs of PP, bought one, then went back to try to get the 2nd one and it was gone. But, at least I got 5 qts so am ready for my next OC. There will probably be amny other sales with various brands at which time I'll probably stock up some more. I sure don't want to pay $7 a qt like I saw at a parts store.

Wally World seems to be a good place to get oil deals.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
not only that, but I know there's plenty of BITOG'ers that have HUGE stashes of oil... multi-year supply.

Man, thats just CRAZY. I just don't get it at all. I keep a quart or two around for the lawnmower or a top off, but thats all I want. I can buy oil anywhere, anytime... No hoarding for me...geeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back