How long do you wait to get gas?

Not a bash on California-I spent 50plus years there-state was good to me. With that point being made if you go during peak times to go out to eat, the movies, there are lines for everything.

The Costco where I used to live in So. Cal was constantly packed-all the time

I usually go to Costco to fill up my TL which takes premium and they are the cheapest vs. others. 24 pumps available and I usually wait 10 minutes if I go during peak time. I check Google for the "popular time" feature for Costco gas and it gives me a reasonable idea if it's going to be a short or long wait. 3% rebate on Costco MC helps to take the pain away in waiting.

So they mail cash to you?
Yes. At the end of the year you get a Costco Certificate. You can use it at the register or they will give you cash. If it is over a certain amount, you can have it transferred to your bank account. I have $361 as of now.
I use it for everything. If I buy a car from a dealership, I always press them to let me put $5K or whatever on the card.

To PimTac: "...but usually 30-40¢. (on Shell)". That'd make a good promotion.
They dangle the occasional 15 cent Stop & Shop promo here. That's not enough offset to Shell's prices.

The only time I'll wait for gas is when driving through the indian reservation, and gas is around $5+ a tank cheaper. Even then though, if I see more that 2 cars lined up at each pump I'll just keep going. Living in the country gets you used to no line ups or traffic really ever.

I get to work super early and Costco is half a block away from the truck yard so I fill up once a week. My tank is about half full when I fill up so I'm outta there real quick.

There are over 30 gas stations within a 10 minute drive of my house (I just counted lol), I ain’t waiting any amount of time.

Back