How long can I push this oil fill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate all the comments and recommendations. I was aware that yearly changes are advisable regardless of how little a vehicle is driven, but also aware that many quality oils can safely go beyond that. Right now I think I'll stretch this fill til early spring (sounds like little to no harm doing so) and then replace it with a synthetic oil and quality filter like the Fram Ultra and not worry for a couple of years (if my mileage stays more or less the same).

I personally own a 2015 Subaru STI. I run Motul Xcess 5w-40 exclusively. I put less thank 5k a year on it usually. If I do some track time, I change the oil directly after. If I don't get to the track, when I take it out in the spring, I go for a good drive, change it when I get back and leave it for the year.

I don't see the point in changing it in the fall and then running it through the next year on oil that has already been in the sump for 6 months. I'd prefer to start with a clean slate in the spring.

As for my other 2 cars they run on Motul xclean efe 5w-30. I change them twice a year, October and April regardless of the mileage but neither one of us are high mileage drivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back