How long can I expect ethanol free gas to last?

My Buick had sat since March of 2019. The person taking care of it put a full tank of ethanol free gasoline in it in summer of 2019. I'm wondering if I should trust the gas. My uncles who are old school claim ethanol free gasoline doesn't draw water but I'm convinced that water will make its way into the gas and oil after sitting for as long no matter what kind of fuel has been put into it.

Are you going to start driving the car now? It'd probably be fine to run it (and way better that it was full of ethanol-free gas), but I guess I'd be inclined to siphon out what I could and top off with fresh fuel, just to avoid any trouble. I'd be less worried about water contamination than I would be about the fuel breaking down. You could also siphon out, say, two five-gallon jugs, top off with fresh fuel, and run one jug of old fuel with the next couple tanks of gas. That might be a compromise avoiding your having to get rid of fifteen gallons of questionable fuel - that's probably what I'd do. But you're more than likely fine to run it as is (it's unlikely to cause any problems whatsoever).

By the way, I had a 3800-powered Lacrosse for a few years; nothing like an old-school Buick for highway trips!

It's probably fine. If it's full, there is a low chance of water in it, as there is very little air in the tank that would have precipitated condensate. If there was any danger if any varnish fouling the system, it's already done. Just start it and run it. Add fresh gas to it after you've burned some of what's in there. Plenty of folks park for a couple of years. In fact, I just acquired a boat that sat in my cousin's garage with a full tank for about 3 years. (And a boat's fuel system is vented to the atmosphere) I fired that 4.3 liter V6 right up last spring and she ran like a scared cat all summer long.

Are you going to start driving the car now? It'd probably be fine to run it (and way better that it was full of ethanol-free gas), but I guess I'd be inclined to siphon out what I could and top off with fresh fuel, just to avoid any trouble. I'd be less worried about water contamination than I would be about the fuel breaking down. You could also siphon out, say, two five-gallon jugs, top off with fresh fuel, and run one jug of old fuel with the next couple tanks of gas. That might be a compromise avoiding your having to get rid of fifteen gallons of questionable fuel - that's probably what I'd do. But you're more than likely fine to run it as is (it's unlikely to cause any problems whatsoever).

By the way, I had a 3800-powered Lacrosse for a few years; nothing like an old-school Buick for highway trips!
Yeah I love it. I took a cross country trip in 2017 and averaged 32mpg in a 6 cylinder, 4 speed, 3500+ lb vehicle.

My Buick had sat since March of 2019. The person taking care of it put a full tank of ethanol free gasoline in it in summer of 2019. I'm wondering if I should trust the gas. My uncles who are old school claim ethanol free gasoline doesn't draw water but I'm convinced that water will make its way into the gas and oil after sitting for as long no matter what kind of fuel has been put into it.

as everyone else has said you don't have anything to worry about, especially ethanol-free fuel. To add my story, I put my car into storage with a full tank of ethanol-free gas, the car sat that way for almost 2.5 years, there was nothing wrong with the fuel. of course this is saying that the fuel system is sealed properly, which mine was. car started on the 2nd crank of the starter! nice and quick!

so the car ran perfectly, as no time had passed! again, no worries..

Back